View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 252 of 299 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by andrearicci View Post
    Hi everyone
    This thread has 251 pages..
    Can some summarise what's happening with the travelwide ?
    I wrote to Wanderlust few times and got no answer
    Is the company going to deliver and is there any realistic alternative to the travelwide?
    Are you a backer? Most of the information is available on the project page (on Kickstarter). https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...wide-45-camera

Hi everyone
    This thread has 251 pages..
    Can some summarise what's happening with the travelwide ?
    I wrote to Wanderlust few times and got no answer
    Is the company going to deliver and is there any realistic alternative to the travelwide?
    Look on page 239 post 2387,
    Ben says he intends to make more of the cameras so at some point they will be available. If he is able to sell the TW90 for only $149 then I think he will be able to sell a boatload of these. I hope so, he deserves some profit at long last. Ilford has sold well over 1000 of the Titan 4X5 for $200 each and all they can do is pinhole, this has a helical, can mount a number of different 90mm lenses and it comes with a pinhole too. If Ben can keep the price the same it is a real bargain.

Thanks Gadfly_1971
    I got to know about travelwide when the kickstarter call was gone
    Since then (say almost a year ago) I have been trying to get to know how I could buy one
    I went on the official site, subscribed to the newsletter, got one or two only and then nothing
    I thought the company had disappeared (I understand that's not the case) and I finally thought joining this forum was the best way to get answers
    The I bumped into 252 pages of thread (which is BIG, long answer) and still I don't know the basics
    Can one buy now ? Are we all in a cue until new order ? Is the cue's length impossible to deal with (6000 people I understand have expressed some form of interest). I am lost. Can with it, but still lost. Any precious info I might have lost ? Thanks for your time, folks

Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Once they have shipped the initial production batch, which is for Kickstarter backers, they will probably take a break (I would). They have said they can produce in batches of 250, so they'll probably put up an order site and wait until they have 250 confirmed orders before producing the next batch.

Rick "that's the synopsis" Denney
    Last edited by rdenney; 24-Sep-2015 at 07:45.

Thanks Gadfly_1971
    I got to know about travelwide when the kickstarter call was gone
    Since then (say almost a year ago) I have been trying to get to know how I could buy one
    I went on the official site, subscribed to the newsletter, got one or two only and then nothing
    I thought the company had disappeared (I understand that's not the case) and I finally thought joining this forum was the best way to get answers
    The I bumped into 252 pages of thread (which is BIG, long answer) and still I don't know the basics
    Can one buy now ? Are we all in a cue until new order ? Is the cue's length impossible to deal with (6000 people I understand have expressed some form of interest). I am lost. Can with it, but still lost. Any precious info I might have lost ? Thanks for your time, folks
    You can sign up for newsletter here: https://wanderlustcameras.com/

I doubt very much that you'll need to wait in a queue of 6000 orders.

Just curious - how do you find out what number backer you were? I don't remember my number. I've looked around on kickstarter and couldn't find the backer list, which was my first guess of where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Winger View Post
    Just curious - how do you find out what number backer you were? I don't remember my number. I've looked around on kickstarter and couldn't find the backer list, which was my first guess of where to look.
    Go to your "Backed Projects" page on Kickstarter. Click on the project in question. You should get a pop-up with the details, including your backer number.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly_1971 View Post
    Go to your "Backed Projects" page on Kickstarter. Click on the project in question. You should get a pop-up with the details, including your backer number.
    Thanks! Woo hoo! I think I'm backer #493. Though I still have to clean my darkroom to be able to load holders without swearing at the tent (just a few inches smaller than I wish it was). And my to do list is still so long I can't even figure out what to do first.

I never noticed that...let's see...

#10!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Curious, so I looked. I was #174.

Then I checked on my 10 other KS projects.

One was different, as they wanted enough money to make their rare product and then give it away to all, anybody. Idealistic young people.

A sound library of gunshots, from rifles, machine guns, pistols anything they could borrow or rent. They paid for ammo and had a blast!

Purpose was to supply Indie Film makers with realistic sound effects.

This is a quote from their August 2014 last and final KS update.

"...This wasn't an ordinary Kickstarter project, with some kind of business transaction tied in. In all honesty, we were terrified people wouldn't want to back something that had no exclusive value to backers, but you all gave an incredible amount of support for an open source library, even if you weren't sure you'd ever use it. The opportunity you gave our team will be what some of us use to start our careers. We couldn't have done it without you, and we can't thank you enough for the incredible blessing this experience this has been. We have learned so much with your help.
    Thank you and all the best,
    Ben & Brian"

I will not provide a link, you may find it yourself.
    Tin Can