View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 253 of 299 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

#5 here.

Go to your "Backed Projects" page on Kickstarter. Click on the project in question. You should get a pop-up with the details, including your backer number.
    Nothing pops up for me. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    You understand this is not the KS site for the TravelWide 90 but the kickstarter.com site. To log in you will need your e-mail and password. After logging in you will see the projects you have backed, select the TravelWide and then select 'the plus symbol at the right, that should show you the date you backed the project and the number order you are in. Anyway, that's the way it worked for me. I am in the middle, number 342 if I recall correctly. I don't give a rats hind end when I get this thing, I just like to have a heads up when it ships. If it ships in this first batch there is a good chance I'll be gone, won't be back home till October 18th.

Andrew O'neill,
    Sorry, I gave you a bum steer there. I should have identified the platform I'm using, it is my IPad.
    So, this is exactly what I had to go through.
    Looked up kickstarter.com
    On the site touched 'me' at the right of the screen
    Then under 'my stuff' I touched 'backed projects'
    Then i touched the plus sign at the right for the TravelWide project.
    That's when the information popped up.
    I don't know if it would work the same on a regular PC.
    Regards, John

Ok backers, this means that guys like me can wait forever
    Sorry folks for the ranting but all this "my number is smaller than yours" isn't really music for the 5000+ waiting
    Has anyone, ever, suggested to Ben& Co to ring at the door of a SME incubator and get assisted in this phase?
    This "I'll manage alone" sort of thing, is not working. And it's frankly against any serious growth perspective for the company.

With 6000 people in the cue, and 128k already mobilised, being in the US (not in France or Belgium and even less in Southern Europe!) I don't catch why it has been impossible to get from a bank enough to make the cash flow work properly ? Maybe that is between page 123 and 167 of this thread ...

Like this, Wanderlust may keep 15% of those in the cue, the others will buy something else
    Frankly, don't be afraid to ruin the "three guys in a garage model", ring at the door of the Sloan School, MIT, Chicago U. anywhere, and get tutored by some expert in enterprise growth. You have already won with the basic idea.

I find it incredible. These guys have unleashed the biggest latent market in photography of the past ten years (not the market of LF photographers alone, but a transversal market which connects Lomo users to would be phase one owners) and nobody is helping them convert this into money.
    Can someone help the creators of the travelwide ?
    I know, the answer is on page 911

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Andrew, at first I thought it wasn't there either. It takes a bit of searching. I am using a Mac. My search involved: 1. hitting the "Me" icon 2. viewing the list of backed projects in two places. The one you want is in your "profile list" of backed projects.3 you select this project and have to go another two tabs deep.
    you can find my images on flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/feberdt/sets/

Quote Originally Posted by andrearicci View Post
    Ok backers, this means that guys like me can wait forever
    Sorry folks for the ranting but all this "my number is smaller than yours" isn't really music for the 5000+ waiting
    Has anyone, ever, suggested to Ben& Co to ring at the door of a SME incubator and get assisted in this phase?
    This "I'll manage alone" sort of thing, is not working. And it's frankly against any serious growth perspective for the company.

With 6000 people in the cue, and 128k already mobilised, being in the US (not in France or Belgium and even less in Southern Europe!) I don't catch why it has been impossible to get from a bank enough to make the cash flow work properly ? Maybe that is between page 123 and 167 of this thread ...

Like this, Wanderlust may keep 15% of those in the cue, the others will buy something else
    Frankly, don't be afraid to ruin the "three guys in a garage model", ring at the door of the Sloan School, MIT, Chicago U. anywhere, and get tutored by some expert in enterprise growth. You have already won with the basic idea.

I find it incredible. These guys have unleashed the biggest latent market in photography of the past ten years (not the market of LF photographers alone, but a transversal market which connects Lomo users to would be phase one owners) and nobody is helping them convert this into money.
    Can someone help the creators of the travelwide ?
    I know, the answer is on page 911
    Not sure what you mean by all that long comment but......
    I don't think these guys are trying to launch a serious enterprise. This was a 'passion project'. Sure they have a "company", Wanderlust by name, but they both have demanding day jobs that pay the rent etc. This 'small, lightweight, cheap, handheld 4X5' idea apparently has been rattlinging around in Ben's head for several years. You know, the type of idea that starts out...."gee, wouldn't it be neat if someone made......" So, finally, Ben and buddy Justin decided to brain storm, build (by 3D printing) a couple of prototypes, get some quotes from potential suppliers, and finally launch a KS campaign. I believe if they had only known the serious difficulties they were to encounter they would never have started. But, fortunately for us, they stuck it out, much to the detriment of their own bank accounts. Now, they do intend to, when they can, produce this camera for sale. But when that will be......well it all comes down to, it depends. If you really want one, you'll probably just have to wait.

I never noticed that either. I'm #6.

BarryS beat me, who are the other four people?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_E View Post
    Andrew, at first I thought it wasn't there either. It takes a bit of searching. I am using a Mac. My search involved: 1. hitting the "Me" icon 2. viewing the list of backed projects in two places. The one you want is in your "profile list" of backed projects.3 you select this project and have to go another two tabs deep.
    Thanks. I was wondering how to find this out. Looks like I'm #820. I wonder if Larry or Barry will trade places with me.

Hmm... I never noticed that either. I just checked and I'm #994 from May 1, 2013. Guess it took me a while to commit!