Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam Wang in View Camera

Sam Wang in View Camera

Would like to call your attention to an article about Sam Wang in the current edition (November/December 2011) of View Camera magazine. Sam is a long time colleague and friend and one of the most creative photographers I have ever known.

Should you be interested in Sam's book, Sam Wang: Four Decades of Photographic Explorations it can be purchased through the alternative photography site http://www.alternativephotography.co.../sam-wang-book, or you can contact Sam directly through his web site www.samwang.us.

Sandy King
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Re: Sam Wang in View Camera

Thanks for those links. I was not familiar with his work and it looks fascinating.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Interesting... I'd never heard of a "round image" camera before. So, viewing the website was a good learning experience!

Sandy, thanks for sharing the links!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

The book is well worth having. Full of interesting ideas.

I've been fortunate to be able to look at hundreds of Sam's images, his book and web page barely scratches the surface.

The last issue of View Camera magazine was great. Anyone who didn't buy it really missed out.

The Sam Wang article was very interesting. What a creative, talented photographer!

Maybe I should have said the article written about Sam Wang was very interesting.

You did a great job Sandy!

Sandy's contribution is great, and it's a great issue overall. I have a personal stake in also pointing out a wonderful and in depth article by Jon Cone about the state of the art in B&W ink. You won't find this kind of knowledge and insight anywhere.
    Tyler

Its a shame its not on your agnostic print website for free, more people would read it and benefit from his insight. I read it in the online edition but had to pay. I doubt Mr Cone benefited much financially from publishing it in View Camera. It will only be available online until January next year when the 2010 issues are taken offline.

David, I appreciate that concern, I know you realize he, and many of the rest of us, have motivations beyond financial as well. Little of this information get's around, and should be much more common.
    He did all the work for the article, for View Camera, we'll see how secondary publishing on or off line works out. Not sure how much more exposure it'd get on our little site, on line at VC may be better, eventually.
    Bottom line for this thread, to me anyway, is continued support for the magazine, where else would you see Sandy writing about Sam Wang? On actual paper?
    Tyler