Thread: Epson R2400 Printer: Constant "Communication Error" and Failures

Epson R2400 Printer: Constant "Communication Error" and Failures

My several years old Epson R2400 gives me a persistent "Communication Error" and pauses. It also ejects part-way through printing. Exasperating.

A Google search reveals that I'm not alone with this - but the only fix suggested is reinstalling the drivers. I've done that several times.

New iMac, USB.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Maybe it's time to recycle it

Re: Epson R2400 Printer: Constant "Communication Error" and Failures

Did you try a different USB cable (my 2400 gave me grieve with that)? Or what about plugging the printer into another computer? Sometimes something as simple as unplugging the power to "reset" might work.

I had the same issues with my r2400. I finally took it to a Mac store and they fixed. Simply by dumping the printer driver and replacing it. That solved it. Once Epson sent me a new version of the driver and the problem started up again. So, I went to the driver again. Dumped and reload and the printer is working fine and dandy.
    I don't know if you're operating on a Mac or pc. But the soluntion I got was dump and reload.
    Hope this helps.

Have you tried removing the instance of that printer from system preferences, restarting, and reinstalling it? It wouldn't hurt to repair disk permissions too. If you're using a longer more than 10') USB cable then adding an active repeater is very helpful. I was troubleshooting a friends setup and one or more of these (I performed them all simultaneously) did the trick. I also zapped the PRAM and emptied the caches using ONYX. None of these steps are harmful, but deleting the cache can have some minor user account ramifications, nothing even remotely unmanageable.