Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EK no longer on the NYSE

Re: EK no longer on the NYSE

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    Eastman Kodak still appears on the board at $0.18, down 28% today, if I read it right.
    No, the closing price was 47 cents. Don't know what the after hours price is, but probably not 18 cents.
    Arca-Swiss 8x10/4x5 | Mamiya 6x7 | Leica 35mm | Blackmagic Ultra HD Video
    Sound Devices audio recorder, Schoeps & DPA mikes
    Mac Studio/Eizo with Capture One, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by tlitody View Post
    I heard that quite a few photo film/paper makers don't make their own gelatin. They by the gelatin in and mix the silver halides with it. Kodak didn't sell off the film making plant but just their own gelatin making plant from what I understand.
    What is hurting Kodak is their financial liabilities - which are significant. I am not a lawyer, but it is my understanding that filing for bankruptcy holds your creditors at bay until you can reorganize your debt so that it is manageable. The good news here is that the court appointed managers will take over and the whack a doodle Kodak management team will get a one way ticket to a deserted island for a permanent vacation. Only then will the financial community know if there is anything left that can be saved.

I feel sorry for Rochester and many of the outlying communities that have relied upon Kodak for years. Here is to hoping and praying for a better day tomorrow.....

Life in the fast lane!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    I feel sorry for Rochester and many of the outlying communities that have relied upon Kodak for years. Here is to hoping and praying for a better day tomorrow.....
    Yes, and I feel sorry for the pensioners if their pensions will be impacted by a Kodak bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    No, the closing price was 47 cents. Don't know what the after hours price is, but probably not 18 cents.
    I read that they were down by 18 cents.

Good thing I have an old book here that tells us how to make glass plates.
    "I meant what I said, not what you heard"--Jflavell

I thought about stocking up on the film I use from Kodak, but I think I am just going to go with the flow. If Kodak goes under and all their color film in 8x10 goes away, I will cross my fingers that Fuji will ship some color neg over here and I will continue to use Provia after E100G is gone. If Fuji doesn't step in, I will either determine I will only shoot b&w in large format, or else I will be selling one heck of an 8x10 rig+lenses to someone who does! And an awesome Rollei... and...

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotah Jackson View Post
    If someone bought shares of Eastman Kodak at these low prices and the company did file for bankruptcy - what happens?

Do you wait til it comes out of bankruptcy and still have shares in whatever the new and improved version is?
    http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answ...#axzz1iYffoYPV

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotah Jackson View Post
    If someone bought shares of Eastman Kodak at these low prices and the company did file for bankruptcy - what happens?

Do you wait til it comes out of bankruptcy and still have shares in whatever the new and improved version is?

If they file, can one sell the stock?(assuming you can find a buyer)
    If you buy or short Kodak now, you can make or lose a great deal of money

As I said above, I considered shorting the stock some months ago. I decided that it was too volatile and that the outcome was too unpredictable. There will be some swing traders who make money from this, but unless you really know what you are doing, and want to spend every second of your day watching the stock, I'd suggest that you stay well away

Kodak has been mismanaged for how long? Stick a fork in them. They are toast. On the bright side, if Kodak goes under, the other companies that are dedicated to film, like Ilford, will be stronger.