Thread: Need lighter tripod head

Need lighter tripod head

Hi all,
    for my Sinar-C 5x7 I'm using a Berlebach Report 2012 tripod and a Linhof Profi-3 Universal Head (003669). I'm happy of Profi-3 head, but it is heavy and I'm looking for the smaller and lighter Linhof 3-Way (003663). Linhof website don't say the maximum load of the 3-Way head, but only specifies that can hold cameras up to 5x7. Sinar-C 5x7 is quite heavy and I'm afraid that the locks may be too weak for my camera and that the small brakets where tilt and roll axes are pivoted can't dump vibrations if under pressure for a so heavy camera. Someone have experiences with Linhof 3-Way head and if it can be a good and lighter alternative to the Profi-3 ?
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Need lighter tripod head

Find a used Sinar pan/tilt head, one of the lightest and most useful for any Sinar shooter.

Re: Need lighter tripod head

Quote Originally Posted by chromemax View Post
    Hi all,
    for my Sinar-C 5x7 I'm using a Berlebach Report 2012 tripod and a Linhof Profi-3 Universal Head (003669). I'm happy of Profi-3 head, but it is heavy and I'm looking for the smaller and lighter Linhof 3-Way (003663). Linhof website don't say the maximum load of the 3-Way head, but only specifies that can hold cameras up to 5x7. Sinar-C 5x7 is quite heavy and I'm afraid that the locks may be too weak for my camera and that the small brakets where tilt and roll axes are pivoted can't dump vibrations if under pressure for a so heavy camera. Someone have experiences with Linhof 3-Way head and if it can be a good and lighter alternative to the Profi-3 ?
    Thanks in advance.
    It is rated at 13 pounds and that is very conservative.