Thread: kodak masterview 8x10 extension question.

kodak masterview 8x10 extension question.

hi,

in a bit of a confused state.

my kodak master camera 8x10 refuses to move the first extension bed any further than 3.5 inches.

i loosen the knob on the right hand side, and the bed moves smoothly, then abruptly stops with a promounced 'impact'.

the only thing i could think that was stopping it was the attachment of the tripod thread in the bed. it is held on with 3 screws which are connected to nuts on the inside. these nuts and the bolt ends are raised. is this normal on the kodak?

i can only look at this arrangement through the hole in the extension. i got my finger in there and loosened the srews down with a small screwdriver so they were flush with the nut, but still only got 3.5 inches of movement.

am i missing something really simple?

the other extension works fine with the tab, locking in all the possitions marked.

cheers,

dave.

The screws that hold the tripod socket in place are perfectly flush with the side surface of the plate as viewed from the inside. The socket itself as it is seen from the inside of the camera is raised a bit to accept longer threads of a tripod socket from below.

For the life if me I cannot understand what your camera must be running into to prevent the full extension of the main bed. There is a "rail" that the camera bed is held against by a metal bar that is screwed down from the top by a series of metal screws. Either there is an obstruction in the rail area causing the lack of extension or there is a problem with the way that the top rail was installed such that a section of it is to tight or the like.

Take the front standard apart and off of the camera and unscrew the top supporting rail assembly and see what you find. It is not that complicated. Just watch the disassembly carefully so you can get it in back together. I have refinished several to new condition and it was getting the confidence that it could be done that was the biggest fear. Cheers!

thanks Michael!

i took to the camera with a screw driver.

got the two extension rails off the bed, and wouldn't you know it, a small screw on the bottom of the lower extension had worked it's way loose.

over however long it was like that it had bashed away, and was bent back on itself.

removed, replaced the extensions on the camera and bingo, full extension and a bit more rigidity from tweaking all the components.

cheers mate,

d.