Thread: Anybody using a Shen-Hao HZX810IIAT ?

Anybody using a Shen-Hao HZX810IIAT ?

Information on this camera seems so be rather scarce. Since I am currently wating for one I'd be most interested in comments from photographers having first hand experience.

Thanks, Richard

I seem to remember, but I may mistake, that Geoffrey Chen had bought one along with his 4x5. Do look for old threads now still available on photo.net and et in touch with him if so. Good Luck

Octogenarian

Hi Richard,

A few months ago (Aug.of this year), Richard Ilomaki posted some photos of the Shen Hao HZX810IIAT camera he had purchased directly from Shen Hao,in Shanghi, China. He posted them on the photo.net large format website. I found his postings in the photo.net archives, under "cameras", but was unable to get the photos to appear. Perhaps you can contact him at his E-mail address, richardjx@hotmail.com. I'm sure he would be happy to share his experiences with the camera.

I also have that camera on order. Jim,at Midwest Photo Exchange says he expects it to arrive around the middle of November.

This is the first time I have seen an actual example of translation from French by computer. I was very startled until I realized the situation and the cause. It's understandable, but also hilarious.

Fortunately I can read the original french.. and can't help laughing.. oh well, so much for digital.. I have been scanning the web for any information on the 8x10 and have seen all suggestions sofar.. I even tried to contact Mr Ilomaki earlier without an answer. Anyway I think there is room for another review out there which I will write when I have the camera. I also have an Ebony SV45TE. I think it will be most interesting to compare the two since the Shen is modelled upon the 8x10 Ebony

Hello Richard Arlin

I saw your post and am replying.

The camera is great. It works and looks like it cost much more.

Of course it is only a box with a hole in it, but it is solid and performs easily. No complaints, specially when other custom made 8 x 10s cost as much as 3 times more.

E Mail address that works is richard.ilomaki@fmglobal.com

Cheers

Richard I, great that you join in. One thing I am curious about... does it close with a small wideangle like an Angulon 165mm or similar ?