Thread: Polaroid Sprintscan 45i

Angry Polaroid Sprintscan 45i

I purchased a Polaroid Sprintscan 45i scanner in 2000. The problem that I have is that Polaroid never supported this product after Windows XP came out. What I would like very much to know is if there is a way somehow to use this scanner with Windows XP. I could go back to Windows 98 SP2, but would rather use it on my XP computer.

CAN ANYONE HELP!!!

Re: Polaroid Sprintscan 45i

I "think" you can get independent scanner software "VUESCAN" for just about any scanner to run with any operating system. http://www.hamrick.com/

Have to agree with Gene. The list at Vuescan doesn't show the 45i but the drivers from Polaroid for the 45i and the 45 were the same.
    "There are two dirty words in photography; one is 'art', and the other is 'good taste'." - Helmut Newton

If Polaroid had Win98 drivers then Win XP should have drivers on the install disk.
    Try pluging it in, re-start Win XP and see if 'new hardware found' pops up. If so, put the XP install disk in the CD drive and point 'new driver' question box to it.

I have this scanner. I am using vuescan on an old Dell computer with scsi running Ubuntu linux. Works great! Previously, I had the Nikon 8000 and 9000, and the Minolta Pro scanner -- the Polaroid is the best in my opinion.

retrogrouchy

The Vuescan demo is free so try that - if it works then buy the Pro version for infinite upgrades. I use Vuescan to run a Sprintscan 45 Ultra quite successfully. You will need to get drivers for your SCSI card all working properly before attempting to connect the scanner. And make sure your bus termination is right or you'll get nowhere.

I found it most reliable if I set the SCSI card to ASYNC-only and send-START for the scanner's ID.