Hi, I have a Chamonix 45 and also have a Sinar Multi Format Roll Film Back. I have lenses ranging from a Nikon 65mm f4, Super Angulon 90mm f8 all the way up to a Nikon 300mm f9. I like to shoot landscapes and architecture and was just wondering if anyone had any tips on lenses they find useful with the 6x9 and even 6x7 formats? I have also tried a 47mmXL on my camera but find both the 47mm and 65mm to be fairly fiddly with the Chamonix..

Do these wider angle lenses need to be shot more wide open due to the smaller formats and also diffraction? I remember shooting a city night skyline with the 65mm on a 6x7 frame on the RollFilmBack and the results being noticeably soft, to the point of not really being able to use it.. Any suggestions for working apertures with this lens for both 67 and 69 formats? Would the same apply for the 47XL?

Also, would using a 65mm with the 6x7 back on my Chamonix be roughly equivalent to using a 65mm lens on my Pentax 67? Apart from of course the ability for movements?

Ok, thanks so much, any suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards

Mandon