Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: East Coast LF Group

East Coast LF Group

If we wanted to do a Gowanus trip, the best bet would be to meet either in the Cobble Hill/Carroll Gardens area (F train) or on the other side in Park Slope (many trains). I used to live in Carroll Gardens and knew a number of good places to meet, but things have changed quite a lot in the last couple of years, so it would probably be best to go down and scope it out first. I would recommend Shakespeare's Sister on Court St. (a gift shop and gallery that used to have a cafe in the back), but I'm not sure if they still have the cafe. They may have turned it into more display space.

East Coast LF Group

Well, It looks like I might not be up for a trip to Gowanas, but I'll definately support it. I'll have to hold off on the architecture for a while, I only have a 537mm. But if it's going to be in a nicer neighborhood, maybe I'll start some pinhole work.

East Coast LF Group

Jason,

You can take pictures of buildings with any length lens. Pick out some interesting features, look at thinge from a new perspective.

East Coast LF Group

Put me on the list for large format users group in NYC area. I am in Long Island City and have just picked up a used 8x10. Trying to learn and need advice.

East Coast LF Group

I'm hosting a gathering for members of APUG (check it out at apug.org) this coming Sunday, Feb. 15, 2004 from 3-6 p.m. to get together and have a chance to look at the APUG Traveling Portfolio, and local LF types are welcome to join us. The Traveling Portfolio is a portfolio with prints from about 20 APUG members, some of whom frequent the LF site as well (Jorge Gasteazoro, Clay Harmon, Jay de Fehr, Ole Tjungen, myself, and others), that gets shipped around the world from member to member. Each person puts in a print and takes out their old one and ships it on to the next person, and it's just finished its first complete circuit after bouncing around the world for the past year, and I have it this week.

I live on the Upper West Side of Manhattan near Columbia University. It's easily accessible by public transportation and there is available street parking near by. If you are interested, e-mail to RSVP and I'll send you directions.

East Coast LF Group

Just a reminder of tomorrow's event (see previous post). The main attraction is the APUG Traveling Portfolio, but if a few people from the LF list show up, we can use that as a chance to meet up in person and talk a little more concretely about possible events in the future.

If you can make it, send me an e-mail telling me how you plan to travel, and I'll give you directions.