Thread: RH Analyser or RH Analyser PRO

RH Analyser or RH Analyser PRO

Hello friends.

I'm riding my new darkroom and I'm not sure what the differences between HR Analyser and modern version: the RH Analyser Pro

Someone tell me if these differences are important ?

Thank you very much.

Re: RH Analyser or RH Analyser PRO

I have the newer version. Can't tell you about the old one. I would get a new one unless you get a great deal. Would hate to be without mine.

I got an amazingly good deal on a very old Analyser [the very first model in fact]. It took me about an afternoon to learn the method to calibrate it to my paper stock. The model I have can hold set up data for 2 different papers whereas the very latest ones have memory for 8 paper choices. my timer has a minimum of 1/5 and 1/10 stop but the newer ones are 1/12 or finer. While mine is a very old unit it is stunningly accurate both in contrast and exposure time so the latest models must be superb because of the extra features such as burning and dodging programs built in.

Set up correctly it will save time and paper.

Steve

I have a number of RH Designs products:

Stop clock Pro timers (2)
    Processmaster II timer
    Safetorch (2)
    Flasher

The interfaces on the flasher and Processmaster are a little tedious, but they are compact with few buttons. They are all great products. With the exception of the Darkroom Automations timer, I would not consider replacing them with anything else.

If you are in the market for an enlarging timer, consider the DA timer also:

http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Film and Darkroom User

Quote Originally Posted by shingled View Post
    Hello friends.

I'm riding my new darkroom and I'm not sure what the differences between HR Analyser and modern version: the RH Analyser Pro

Someone tell me if these differences are important ?

Thank you very much.
    The later version has many more and refined features that makes it even more versatile. An excellent range of equipment that is a pleasure to use and which I cannot recommend highly enough. RHDesigns
    Consider also their Stopclock pro with a Zonemaster for maximum flexibility.
    Regards
    Dave
    The PPC

Quote Originally Posted by davemiller View Post
    The later version has many more and refined features that makes it even more versatile. An excellent range of equipment that is a pleasure to use and which I cannot recommend highly enough. RHDesigns
    Consider also their Stopclock pro with a Zonemaster for maximum flexibility.
    Hi

Thank you all for responding.
    Could you tell me what are the features ?
    What is it about the PRO version that does NOT have the old version.

A warm hug.

I had an Analyser Pro a few years ago in Australia. Being totally self taught and never having even seen anyone else do developing and printing, it was an eye-opener to me. If I had a proper darkroom now, it would be the first piece of equipment that I'd buy. It made a very big difference in my ability to print. Or maybe it gave me the ability to print...

It made it much easier to zero in on the final print, probably saved tons of paper, helped me make multiple prints that actually looked the same, and made me think differently about the entire process. It's not a cheap piece of equipment, but I found it one of the best investments I had ever made. Plus, when I had questions/problems, I received email answers very quickly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend RH Designs.

Richard

Film and Darkroom User

Quote Originally Posted by shingled View Post
    Hi

Thank you all for responding.
    Could you tell me what are the features ?
    What is it about the PRO version that does NOT have the old version.

A warm hug.
    The best one to ask that question of is Richard Ross. He will give you a straight answer.

http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom/html/contact.html
    Regards
    Dave
    The PPC