Greetings to all:

I would like all of you to know about a new facility in Gilbert, Arizona devoted to keeping what I consider to be the sacred roots of photography (aka large format, gelatin silver, and alt processes) alive and well. Art Intersection has over 2,000 square feet of gallery space in addition to studio space for workshops, a digital lab, a gelatin silver darkroom, a film processing room, and an alt process area.

They are asking for work to be submitted for a national juried exhibition that will have a great juror, and an opportunity for a few selected artists who are juried into the show to exhibit a larger body of work at a later date. This is an opportunity to have your work seen by the Curator at the Center for Creative Photography in Tucson, Arizona. For more information go to their web site at: www.artintersection.com and find the prospectus for the show entitled: Light Sensitive. I tried to load their pdf prospectus but it was a bit too large for this forum. The only requirement is that the final prints need to be analog in whatever form as long as they are not digitally printed. Digital capture (I hate that word) and digital negatives as part of the process of making a final print are both acceptable for this exhibition.

I am the Photography Consultant for Art Intersection and my wife, Carol Panaro-Smith is the Program Director. As I mentioned, they have just opened and we just recently gave a talk at APIS in Santa Fe announcing this new facility. It has a goal of supporting people working with alternative processes and hopes to become an important resource center for such activity on a national scale. They are looking to find good work to be exhibited, are interested in having great workshops and it is an organization worthy of your support. I hope you find this information useful and you choose to take advantage of this opportunity to show your work.

Best,
James Hajicek