Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: how old are we?

Re: how old are we?

Me? I'll be 63 this year... and retirement's still a long haul from here. And yeah.... I share the "Beware the Ides of Sixty" caution. I had back surgery at 60, but was able to dance at my daughter's wedding three weeks later. Met with SSA ...but only because of this REAL ID thing forced me to get a SS card. Never had one before. Who knew it was necessary? Dad... never bothered with that I guess. Bad news is they limit the number of these you can get. So now it lives in a safety deposit box.

72 tomorrow
    Principal Unix System Engineer, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems

Gee, it doesn’t seem that long ago that I was the youngest studio photographer in Ct, but that was the mid 60s! Today I am close to the oldest! 79 on 03/14!

Time does fly when you’re having fun!

I’ve been in here a couple times before:

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher D. Keth View Post
    Wow, this old thread just keep being dug up. I'm 23 now and have been shooting large formats for about 5 years now. I started when I was in film school (for cinematography) and saw all the photo major lugging those 4x5 monorails around. I got an old 5x7 from Jim Galli and made some terrible pictures with it. Then I sold that to get a 4x5 shen hao and made some so-so pictures with that - at least they were less awful than before. Then I sold the 4x5 thinking that large format was too expensive and wasn't keeping my interest well enough. What would you know, last fall I got the bug again and bought an 8x10. I just finished refurbishing that camera last week and will be shooting the big stuff shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by C. D. Keth View Post
    And here I am 3 years later downsizing back to 4x5.
    I had another period of inactivity the last few years due to an intense shift in profession. I’m still working in photography but rather than film and TV I’m working in ophthalmic imaging at the Moran Eye Center, one of the more prestigious eye research hospitals in the country. With all that technical imaging going on, my brain wanted some creativity so I started gathering an 8x10 system around the beginning of the year. I’m 34 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Gee, it doesn’t seem that long ago that I was the youngest studio photographer in Ct, but that was the mid 60s! Today I am close to the oldest! 79 on 03/14!

Bob, Happy Birthday!!!!! Hope you did something nice that day.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post

Funny, I was the youngest darkroom worker at UC Berkeley during that period. Bob, congratulations on your milestone, and tell me how you are enjoying being 79! I'll be joining you in June. I recall that we may have been in the military about the same time. For me, 1963-1965.

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Funny, I was the youngest darkroom worker at UC Berkeley during that period. Bob, congratulations on your milestone, and tell me how you are enjoying being 79! I'll be joining you in June. I recall that we may have been in the military about the same time. For me, 1963-1965.
    Still trying to get use to 79. I’m now telling people I’m 18x4+7. Takes them a little bit to figure it out.

I was active for 2years, 11 months and 25 days. Getting discharged in June of 65.

going blind, now scared of eye doctors too, do they clean their gear well enough? I have worried about the eye pressure thingy for several years

just put a pouch on my porch with 10 loaded film holders for a friend I will never see again face to face, he's moving away

the good old days were last year...
    Tin Can

In July I get 64 so a bit more then 1 year till retirement! Hopefully I can live this last part for a while!

Just completed a 'Dead Drop' with loaded film holders, safety first!

Good to know you in person Bloodhoundbob

see you never...
    Tin Can