Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: how old are we?

Re: how old are we?

70. Didn't start large format until about 68. Began developing color film and printing color in my 20's. Started black and white in my 60's. No more color developing and printing - prefer the artsy black and white. 4x5, 5x7, 8x10.

Age really is just a number, unfortunately, it is a number that is going to quit going up after some period of time! I did sell my last motocross bike (CR250R) a year or so ago, so I have slowed down just a tiny bit. Still have my VMax street bike and some 650 dual purpose bikes, still play musical instruments and still shoot firearms competively.

A close friend of mine (77) says he believes he has anywhere from 10 seconds to 10 years left - I keep trying to get him to think about stretching the 10 years to 20!

And hey, if you wake up with dibilitating depression every morning, just don't let it get you down!

72. I almost started in LF in 1958 as the yearbook photographer using a 3x4 SG. My first 4x5 was a monorail when I opened a studio in 1981. Each day since Nov 10, 2002 is a bonus, since I almost checked out on that day due to gangrene of the gall bladder. I'm trying to make sure my son knows to ask for fair prices on my equipment when I do check out!

56 and counting. Man you guys are making me feel young.

Roger

You are!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    56 and counting. Man you guys are making me feel young.

Roger
    Tin Can

I'm 48. Got back into chemical photography and new to LF a couple years ago. I applaud the good attitude of my elders on some of the recent posts. I'm Orthodox Christian clergy (priest) and sometimes the parish goes a few months w/o funerals but we seem to be on quite a run of them lately, perhaps we will have a break after tomorrow's (5th in less than 3 weeks I think). Count your blessings.

Maybe we should total all our ages so we can leap into the hype
    that we represent 'n' total years of experience.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Meetings.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	154393

81, you whippersnappers.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_1856 View Post
    81, you whippersnappers.
    Bah! Me mum just lived to 95.

I'll never make that...
    Tin Can

older and older and older and older and...

Just remember, 30 is the new 20, 40 is the new 30, 50 is the new 40, etc. I am led to understand that this works at least as far as 90 is the new 80, if not beyond.

< silly >

James Thurber: "I'm 65 and I guess that puts me in with the geriatrics. But if there were 15 months in every year I'd only be 48. That's the trouble with us. We number everything.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White