Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596

Thread: how old are we?

Re: how old are we?

I turned 78 last July and I think I am speeding up, not slowing down. Just bought a 95 Land Rover Defender 90 300tdi (my first diesel motored vehicle) that will tow my Airstream Basecamp 16X next year when Airstream finally builds it. Looked under the Defender and it looks just like my 1991 RRC (Range Rover Classic) so I can fix most things other than the diesel motor, just like I have done building the Tomcat from the 1991 RRC the last few years. The Defender has plenty of room for most all of my photographic tools and even a few clothes etc. Collecting a few travel essentials like alpaca socks and bamboo/cotton towels to wipe my face when the lack of A/C proves too much. Maybe I should plan my world tour for hot countries in the winter and cold countries in the summer and let Fall and Spring take care of themselves - who needs A/C anyway.

We expect Postcards

Real Postcards sent by actual mail

Whenever I travel I always send them

Bon Voyage!
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    We expect Postcards

Real Postcards sent by actual mail

Whenever I travel I always send them

Bon Voyage!
    How do you send postcards to the forum?
    I think I will take a letter of credit if they still issue them, rather than a credit/debit card or travelers checks.
    I will be off the grid some of the time and may never come back.
    Thinking I need a small diesel generator to supplement a solar power one during long winter nights.
    Also need a spare 20 gal tank of diesel to extend my range.
    My old Swedish camp stove ran off petrol but I never tried it with diesel.
    No experience with diesel motors so hoping a tractor mechanic can fix any problems.
    Looking at a map of North America and will plan a "get aquainted" trip from Jax FL to Montreal/Toronto, then to New Orleans and back to Jax. Maybe 3/4 weeks away.

...still more or less "graceful" getting in - and absolutely youthful while driving...but getting out of my 944 these days - can make me feel ancient!

69. 70 this March (pours another glass of Brandy.)
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

That sure dates you.

I'll be 66 this coming New Year's Day. I didn't start in film photography of any kind until I was 60.

My first purchased camera was a digital. But I always lusted after film. I had a cousin that was really big into photography. I loved to watch her in the darkroom.

I was gifted a MF camera by a traveling portrait photographer when I was about 4 years old. I showed an intense interest in his 8x10 portrait set up. He would come around about every six months or so and set up in the lobby of the Hotel across from the train station. He would return prints the next time that he came through town.

After shooting a roll as instructed: "Shoot whatever interests you." After shooting a roll, sending off for development and receiving the prints back in the mail my father told me that "you can take pictures of anything that you want, but we can't afford the film and processing."

As a result: I have no pictures of my children growing up, the magnificent places that I've been, nor any of the shoebox type memories that my wife has from her parents.

I was less than a month old when my mom carried me into the darkroom to be with my dad and brothers working in our darkroom. Been in and out of one ever since. Was using an anniversary model Speed Graphic when I was six. I’m 66 now. Guess I haven’t grown up yet…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still... 48, but 49 in a week and a bit more. Approaching half a century.... and just entered ultra large format with a Vageeswari 10x12 this summer! But I have more cameras than time to use them...