Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast

Thread: how old are we?

Re: how old are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Merg, you are an inspiration in so many ways, even the beard
    The beard is trimmed short for the summer months. Also a smart thing to do when hiking back up in the wilds of the redwoods. Both the she bears and the lady bigfoots (it can be very difficult to tell the difference) can get awfully frisky this time of year, so I try not to look too hairy.

Hopped on the ebike this evening and rode my favorite loop from the house...it's been a few months. Beautiful evening and sunset, although some smoke up high curving in from the northeast where there is a 7000 acre fire.

My ride starts up Hwy 299 from town. I was passed by fire truck after fire truck -- all heading just a bit further east (about 20 miles) to some lightning fires that started when I was out backpacking last week. Also at 7000 acres right now. But after about 12 miles, I turn off the main highway at the summit (2100'), ride another 3 miles up to 3000' on a gravel/dirt road, and kick back with hot tea (w/Scotch) and watch the sunset over the Pacific. Then it is a 9 mile ride down the mountain on various types of roads at very fun speeds in the dark. I left the house at 5:30, got up in plenty of time to drink most of my tea and watch the sun set a little early (about 8:15, behind a fogbank way out near the horizon), and home by 9:30. Life is pretty good.

Not tonight's sunset (I dropped my digital too many times), but this is my view at 3000' above home. This image was taken on a ride at this time last year. And about the same amount of smoke as tonight coming from the same direction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sunset_249171.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

I feel very temporary

Danger Will Robinson

So it goes
    Tin Can

...you are not alone Mr. Can

Quote Originally Posted by David Luttmann View Post
    Quite the time capsule. I noticed I replied here when I was 36, then again at 45....and now I'm 48.
    And now again at 53 😳

Hopelessly Addicted DwarvenChef375's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5DDCBB0-79BF-4B2E-B45E-73B4C48A1CE7.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	232643

59… Almost

Inherited a Linhof Technika 4 and LOVE IT!! I’m a life long student of “The History of Photography” and drool at the thought of using older and older photographic equipment. I just got a small plate camera to try my hand at Dry Plate photography

Ya I’m hooked bad…..
    What happens when your batteries die? Pinhole Photography :)

I turned 90 last month, and am slowly slowing down. Recently moving from the 130-year family farm into town meant giving up the darkroom and film. However, the 3550 prints (mostly trivial) the Epson Surecolor P800 produced would have been too much in a wet darkroom.

Hats off to you Jim...I turned 68 last month and I am slowing down - and not exactly slowly!

Good for you!
    Tin Can

Ed Freniere

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    I turned 90 last month, and am slowly slowing down. Recently moving from the 130-year family farm into town meant giving up the darkroom and film. However, the 3550 prints (mostly trivial) the Epson Surecolor P800 produced would have been too much in a wet darkroom.
    Ditto. I turned 69 in September and am definitely slowing down. I just moved from Massachusetts to Arizona, and hoping this is my last move.

There is a Jefferson Airplane song, Pretty as you feel inside
    Tin Can