Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Developers and times for Efke PL 25 M 4x5 sheet film in a jobo expeetrt drum

Developers and times for Efke PL 25 M 4x5 sheet film in a jobo expeetrt drum

Hi Folks,

Can I get some opinions on what are considered the best Developers and developing time for Efke PL 25 M 4x5 sheet film? I am using a jobo expert drum.

Some thoughts please. And thank you for your help!!!

Re: Developers and times for Efke PL 25 M 4x5 sheet film in a jobo expeetrt drum

Hi John,

There is an argument to be made that slow, fine grain films perform best with acutance developers that are optimized for sharpness and give full film speed, but there's another argument to be made that acutance developers are not best suited to continuous agitation. A good compromise might be a tanning/staining developer formulated for use with rotary development, like Pyrocat HD, or 510-Pyro. You can see some examples with times/temps, etc., here:

http://pyrostains.blogspot.com/2010/...-blooming.html

Have fun!

Re: Developers and times for Efke PL 25 M 4x5 sheet film in a jobo expeetrt drum

I use BTZS tubes and do Rodinal 1:100 for 17.5 Min at 68ºF.
    Christopher J May
    West Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by John Fink Jr. View Post
    Hi Folks,

Can I get some opinions on what are considered the best Developers and developing time for Efke PL 25 M 4x5 sheet film? I am using a jobo expert drum.

Some thoughts please. And thank you for your help!!!
    John,

I'd love to follow your progress here as I'm using the same film and planning to process it myself.

Asher

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
    John,

I'd love to follow your progress here as I'm using the same film and planning to process it myself.

Asher
    Ditto, in addition to developing Efke PL 25 Ort. Does anyone have any recommended developers, times, etc. for the Orthochromatic film? I would be developing it in a Jobo.

Just to update, I have decided to go with Jay DeFehr's advise and use 510 Pyro.
    Since I'm using a Jobo 3010 drum, I think this may suite me well.
    I think Jim Byer's process with 510 is a very nice way to go. I will let everyone know as soon as I get my kit and process some file.
    Take a look at this:
    http://pyrostains.blogspot.com/2010/...-blooming.html

And by all means throw out some more ideas!!!!

This weekend I developed about 12 sheets of Efke PL 25 and used HC-110 Dil F at 13 minutes. I tried 7 minutes 2 sheets and 10 minutes another 2 sheets - all of the same scene/exposure. 13 minutes produced the best negs.

Good luck,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian. Feel free to post the photo.

My "norm" for Efke PL 25 M in Pyrocat-MC (1+1+150) is 10 minutes at 72F. Make sure you use at least 100ml per 4x5.

http://filmdev.org/recipe/show/6563
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

Thank you so very much David. Beautiful, beautiful work!