Thread: BW Scanning Workflow with the Epson v700 scanner and the EpsonScan Software?

BW Scanning Workflow with the Epson v700 scanner and the EpsonScan Software?

I would like to find out the current best practise in scanning BW negatives (4x5 size) using the Epson v700 scanner and the EpsonScan Software?

The aim is to capture as much as possible from the film, thus allowing maximum flexibility in post-scan digital processing.

Cheers,

Marko

Re: BW Scanning Workflow with the Epson v700 scanner and the EpsonScan Software?

Go buy some film, and release the magic.

Re: BW Scanning Workflow with the Epson v700 scanner and the EpsonScan Software?

Thank you Tim. I am aware of this information. I was looking for other workflows or tips that people might have identified works best for them?

Search posts by Patrick Lavoie on Photo.Net and elsewhere. Very specific to B&W, V700, Epson, etc.

Ken's site is extremely good, thanks for the link Tim.

Arca-Swiss

The first thing you should do is purchase and download or load it if you have it, the Silverfast software.
    It is night and day better than the just the Epson software for scanning.
    Really incredible difference.
    Rod
    Rod Klukas
    US Representative
    Arca-Swiss USA
    480-755-3364
    www.arca-swiss-usa.com

Octogenarian

Sorry Rod, can't agree with that statement.

IMHO, the latest EpsonScan software that is included with the 700 series is more user friendly than Silverfast.

It's simpler to use and and offers all the features one could ask for.

I have to desagree/agree with both. I found SilverFast very user unfriendly. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to scan color negatives with all those windows and panels and many other little things that I found where really badly designed.
    The scans results however are much better with it. I don't know if it has to do with loading certain color profiles... I doubt it though.

The interface is just horrible.