Thread: Strobe 'City 5000' equipment

Strobe 'City 5000' equipment

I was wondering if anyone had an idea about where to get hold of instruction manuals for the Strobe City 5000? I have not used one for about ten years and would feel a little more confident with a manual to hand...The unit has been PAT tested and is in good condition.

Re: Strobe 'City 5000' equipment

Quote Originally Posted by jimryan4 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had an idea about where to get hold of instruction manuals for the Strobe City 5000? I have not used one for about ten years and would feel a little more confident with a manual to hand...The unit has been PAT tested and is in good condition.

Hi, Did you find an instruction book for the city 5000?, I have one and a circuit diagram for same, contact me if you need a copy, Regards mick.

Quote Originally Posted by mickthephoto View Post
    Hi, Did you find an instruction book for the city 5000?, I have one and a circuit diagram for same, contact me if you need a copy, Regards mick.
    Thank you, I'm still on the lookout for the manual. picked up some bits and pieces since last post. If the manual you have is still available I would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimryan4 View Post
    Thank you, I'm still on the lookout for the manual. picked up some bits and pieces since last post. If the manual you have is still available I would appreciate it.
    Hi,yes I have two manuals, the early strobe 5000 and the strobe city 5000, complete with circuit diagrams, I'm in Perth, Western Australia so you can give me an email address or I can make a copy and post it to you, you choose, let me know what it's worth to you and we'll haggle, (that bits the most fun!) regards mick. Askmick@dodo.com.au or 61 8 (0)407711142.

You might want to give john Kent a ring, he is the only person who will service and repair it, and I am sure he can guide you through the basics, though the key is never ever move any dials with the interlock on, with the city it is a red switch on the front, always remember there is 1000 going out of the x socket , do not connect a sync lead directly to a digital back, the power from the sync can be detrimental to the electronics. If you do need to sync then john can make you up a cable to go to a pocket wizard. John can be found at luminary lighting tel 02074019896

Hi this is an old link. I do own and use some Strobe Equpiment. Did you manage to find the manuals and information that you were looking for?