Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Harman Direct Positive Images

John Olsen

Re: Harman Direct Positive Images

Another try in the morning fog, down in the woods. This is exposed at ISO 2, 24s at f16 with a 72mm lens. It needs more exposure, as I had to flog it pretty hard in the scanner to make it look this bright. This used my new preflash time, total dark for cutting and loading, and fresh Dektol 1:2 for developing.

It looks like I've still got a way to go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-28-15N23B400bweb.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	134433

gambaphoto

Quote Originally Posted by basiltahan View Post
    As much as I love the Harman Direct (I have about 75 8x10 sheets left), I have been reversal processing some Ilford MC and getting VERY good results. So easy too.
    basiltahan would you mind sharing your reversal process or can you direct me to one? Thank you for your help

Quote Originally Posted by gambaphoto View Post
    basiltahan would you mind sharing your reversal process or can you direct me to one? Thank you for your help
    You can see my notes here: http://basiltahan.com/alternative-printing/

Wonderful. I will try to follow your receipt.

Quote Originally Posted by basiltahan View Post

John Olsen

Another try with more preflash and bracketing around lower ISOs. This was under overcast sky at 7am at 1 ISO. The grey building in the background looked truer to tone when exposed at 1.5 ISO. The tree was a lot livelier at 0.8 ISO. Since our landscape here is heavy into the greens, I think I had better start trying a #11 green filter. With film it would take 2 stops to compensate; do others have any experience with this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neg18Bweb.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	134653

Quote Originally Posted by dperez View Post

These were made in Joshua Tree National Park, during our recent Large Format Gathering.
    Ebony RW810, 300mm f/5.6 Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-N, 8x10 Illford Harman Direct Positive Paper rated at ISO 3, tray processed with Liquidol 1:9, fixed with TF-4, slightly cropped in PS CC.

-Daniel
    Bravo, Daniel. Inspiring. Did you flash the paper at all?

Steven Taylor

A ’Positive’ Message
    ILFORD PHOTO announce the return of HARMAN DIRECT POSITIVE Fiber Base paper

Following an absence of over a year ILFORD PHOTO are pleased to announce that HARMAN DIRECT POSITIVE FB paper is now back in full production at the factory in Mobberley, England.

The emulsion for this product was developed in Switzerland for the Imago project and became part of our product range when we decided to coat the fiber base version using emulsion made by ILFORD Imaging Switzerland GmbH the company that ceased trading late in 2013, causing interruption to product supplies.

Since that time the management of HARMAN technology Limited have been working hard to secure access to the emulsion and the know-how to transfer production to Mobberley. This has finally happened and following a successful trial coating at the UK factory the product is once again available. A new agreement now allows for the emulsion to be made by HARMAN in the UK, ensuring the continued availability of HARMAN DIRECT POSITIVE FB paper.

Steven Brierley, Director of Sales and Marketing at ILFORD PHOTO/HARMAN technology, said “We have had many enquiries from all over the world asking when and if users would be able to buy the product, so we are now delighted that after the uncertainty of the last 12 months we have finally found a route to bring this product back.”

HARMAN DIRECT POSITIVE FB paper is a high quality, traditional silver gelatine black and white, high contrast paper, on a 255g/m2 fiber base with a Glossy surface.

It is primarily suited for use in pinhole cameras where exposure and processing in conventional black and white photochemistry achieves a unique positive print - without the need for a film negative or inter-negative.

HARMAN DIRECT POSITIVE FB paper can also be successfully used in other applications such as direct exposure in large format cameras (sheet sizes 4x5in up to 16x20in) or by cutting small sheets for exposure in LOMO type cameras. Creative and unusual effects can be achieved with direct positive paper when used to make photograms or perhaps substituted for standard photo paper when printing from negatives.

Customers should place orders with their usual photo dealer or distributor. Stock is expected to be available in the UK from early July, mainland Europe mid July, and in North America and the rest of the world from mid August.

Full details and sizes available can be found at:
    http://www.ilfordphoto.com/products/product.asp…

WOW WOW WOW!!

Exciting!

I'll be in the UK From the 15th - 22nd of July. I hope I can but a supply for the coming years!

Totally screwed the pooch on my HDPP development yesterday but I like how it turned out anyway.

A view of downtown Cape Town, South Africa
    Shen Hao HZX45-IIA + Nikkor 210mm - f5.6 @ 1 second
    Developer: Ilford Mulitgrade 3:15 @ 20c
    Fixer: Ilford Rapid Fixer 1:00 @ 20c

Now that HDPP is back in production, I felt it okay to begin using my old stock once again. The subject is my Smith-Corona Silent, one of the better typing machines in my collection. Exposure f/8 for 30 seconds, Kodak Ektar 127 on a Speed Graphic. I pre-flashed the paper just a wee bit, too.

~Joe

S-C_Silent001a by Joe Van Cleave, on Flickr
    The photograph and the thing being photographed are not the same thing.