Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I/ Can I start with Fuji Quickloads?

Should I/ Can I start with Fuji Quickloads?

I am just starting out getting my kit together for my Chamonix 045n2 4x5. I can still buy a new Fuji Quickload holder from Badger Graphics for about $40. Of course, I realize that quickload film is discontinued. However, I have noticed some people are still selling expired or near expired Fuji quickloads. I think I would only need to take about 100 shots to get started to see what I am getting into. I don't mind using newly or nearly expired film since my research says it is probably not a problem. Eventually I will go with cut sheet film but am thinking maybe try the quickloads just for the sake of history. I am a landscaper so am interested in Fuji Velvia 50, 100, and Provia 100F. Perhaps it will be convenient to try quickloads to start. Maybe someone has some old fuji quickolad film for sale? I don't shoot a ton. I am very slow and scout a lot and don't take a ton of photos due to expense and I have already shot a lot of mediocre images. What do you think? Jim

Joshua Tree, California

Re: Should I/ Can I start with Fuji Quickloads?

Sure why not? Look for it on Ebay. I'd buy some that's not yet expired and freeze it. How much depends on your budget.

No. I don't need anymore competition buying film.

i have a kodak quick load adapter in the box 4 sale. 25 plus 6 bucks for priority shipping

Unless you have a good case for using Quickloads, hiking, backpacking or otherwise going light, then you are better off just using cut film. It's not hard to load film into holders and you don't need to get a super-expensive light-tent to do it. You just need a large dark bag that you can find very cheap.

David Schaller

Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    Unless you have a good case for using Quickloads, hiking, backpacking or otherwise going light, then you are better off just using cut film. It's not hard to load film into holders and you don't need to get a super-expensive light-tent to do it. You just need a large dark bag that you can find very cheap.
    Or a dark closet. Get used to the holders, which are cheap, and use available film.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by photobymike View Post
    i have a kodak quick load adapter in the box 4 sale. 25 plus 6 bucks for priority shipping
    Let's be careful about leading newbies astray. The Kodak version of this technology is Readyload, and it is NOT compatible with Fuji's QuickLoad system. There is no such thing as a Kodak QuickLoad adapter.

It was possible, as I recall, to use either Kodak or Fuji in a Polaroid 545, with come caveats (like it didn't always work), but no crossing over between the green and yellow boxes.

Rick "who has a freezer full of Quickloads" Denney

Rick,

I've used Quickloads in my RL holder before, but when trying the other way around(RL's in QL holder), it was a no-go. This was using the latest generation RL holder btw...

Worked(every time) for me, and I've read other places where people's experiences mirror mine?

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    Rick,

I've used Quickloads in my RL holder before, but when trying the other way around(RL's in QL holder), it was a no-go. This was using the latest generation RL holder btw...

Worked(every time) for me, and I've read other places where people's experiences mirror mine?

-Dan
    You're right--I was bass-akwards.

From the articles on the LF Homepage

Rick "not thinking either will be expensive these days" Denney

Man up and do it right... get a Harrison changing tent and regular holders. Or Grafmatics. Quickloads are silly.