Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the house?

Re: Around the house?

You guys are cracking me up with your desk pictures. Jonathan, I absolutely love yours! Couldn't resist to take a picture of mine last night, which is completely different and may qualify for the crappiest shot in this thread. I pledge guilty that I abuse my desk badly. In fact, I never use it to work on the computer or write anything.

Desk and chair were made for my grandfather in the 1920's by his uncle, who was a renowned master cabinetmaker. Because of my small appartment (way too small for a LF photographer) it's sitting in my bedroom and I use it for tabletop occasionally because there is little other space for this available. Also note my old speakers, providing a perfect service in holding the diffusion sheet.

To take this shot I had to use my Technika with a 135mm Symmar convertible in handheld mode while standing on the bed. That's the way to make LF photography look like a snapshot with a digital compact camera, pretty crazy.

Now I'm thinking of how I could continue your series where Corran left it....

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Okay...I had an hour before I needed to go to work so I did it real quick. 47mm XL, Toyo GII, N-1, TMX+Rodinal

How many photographic items can you find?
    Excellent! Way to continue the mini-meme. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a whole complement of photo related items scattered about my desktop, as well as bills, etc. As Austin said, it is really interesting seeing people's workspaces. Maybe this series should be its own thread.

(I see your KRKs are on proper stands. Mine are sitting on plastic buckets filled with rocks for stability!)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Yeti View Post
    You guys are cracking me up with your desk pictures....

Desk and chair were made for my grandfather in the 1920's by his uncle, who was a renowned master cabinetmaker.
    Peter: great shot, too, and good story to go with it. We have a very small house (950 sq. ft.) so the living room often gets overtaken by photo gear and light stands and reflectors when I shoot still lifes or portraits. Yes, I have a patient and understanding wife.

My desk belonged to the husband of a good friend of my grandmother's. It is a beautiful, red leather topped partners desk from the 1920s. It is HUGE, which is both great (lots of real estate) and a problem (more surface area to cover with all my crap).

Jonathan

My desk is a fold-out picnic table
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Okay...I had an hour before I needed to go to work so I did it real quick. 47mm XL, Toyo GII, N-1, TMX+Rodinal

Sweet! But what's with you guys and your giant speakers? I'm feeling kind of insecure all of a sudden. And I really need to make another picture of my desk-that last one was a sham of fake neatness. Maybe I'll get on that tomorrow. I'll leave the plate with the gingerbread crumbs right where it is.

In the living room near the front door. This is one of those images that I'm not sure why I took it. It works as a moody record of how this space looks now, and I guess that's reason enough.

Century 10A 8x10, Buhl 13" opaque projector lens, Kodak SO-277, four minute exposure.

Jonathan

I like it a lot Jonathan. The exposure really adds to the mood. If you would have done it 'lit' or with daylight, it would be a totally different feel. DOF works well also.

Say? Isn't that Austin Grangers picture on the screen inside the screen inside the screen? It looks familiar.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

yes
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

That's beautiful Jonathan. I really really like it.

Scott & Ramiro,

Thank you. Where my Century 10A is normally parked it points pretty much at that scene, so each time I walked by the camera I would see the lamp and the table on the ground glass. I saw it so often that it started to appeal to me, so I went ahead and took the picture. Photographic autopilot--let the camera decide!

It looks like I need to clean my scanner. I didn't notice those dark bands until looking at the image today.

Jonathan