Thread: Looking For Information On Omega (245d?) View Camera

Looking For Information On Omega (245d?) View Camera

I am thinking about purchasing an Omega 245D 4*5 viewcam but have been able to f ind no information about the camera. The body has little use and includes five film and two polaroid backs. Also includes single lens of unknown make or type, a GE meter, focusing screen, and cape. I would like to know what this camera i s worth and if there is anywhere to go to find specific information about the bo dy? Any leads would be appreciated.. Aaron

Looking For Information On Omega (245d?) View Camera

I can't find any info on a "245d" could it be a 45d? If so, my McBroom's Camera book shows(Toyo) next to Omega so I assume that means that they were built by Toyo. Ebay has several completed sales showing, with no lens about, $200. Which lens can make a tremendous amount of difference, as the lens could easily be worth more than the camera.

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll? ht=1&query=omega+45d&SortProperty=MetaEndSort

If the polaroid backs are single sheet "545"s (black) in good shape they should be worth $50 to $100. The brownish pink ones are worth. less. Those that take film packs I don't think are worth much.

Someone may give you a hard time about "cape" for the focusing cloth, don't pay any mind to them.

Neal