Thread: Worth Seeing: Harry Joy 60s Toronto

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

Worth Seeing: Harry Joy 60s Toronto

Caught this exhibit just by chance at the Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre (corner of Spadina and Bloor) running until Sept. 8. Harry Joy photographed Toronto in the 60s, mainly the old Jewish area around Kensington Market. Maybe not exactly a Vivian Maier moment but certainly well worth seeing. A time many of us recall distantly brought back vividly. Nicely printed on, um, paper, photo paper. Wish there were more prints to see. Let me know what you think if you saw/see this exhibit. Here is a link to some of his work:

http://www.blackandwhitephotography....joy/index.html

Love the hockey shot (photo 78)! I must have taken a few dozen like that myself when I was a (extremely!) young teen in the 60s. And who could forget those horse drinking throughs (photo 89) on Spadina?

Ah but I got stuff he doesn't...like the free Jefferson Airplane concert at City Hall where everyone went into the reflecting pool and many, many Yorkville night shots...
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

-appropriated from Mark Twain

Re: Worth Seeing: Harry Joy 60s Toronto

Nice work ,, but Richard they are inkjet prints, need to read the fine print.

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

Re: Worth Seeing: Harry Joy 60s Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Nice work ,, but Richard they are inkjet prints, need to read the fine print.
    I knew I should have worn my reading glasses!!
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

-appropriated from Mark Twain