Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IT8 Target description file (where the heck is it)

IT8 Target description file (where the heck is it)

Ok for those that dont know I bought a NIB Agfa Duoscan HID film scanner. In the box came a wonderful box called ColorTune 3.0.2 in that lovely box lives to IT8 targets and a disk. The 2 IT8 targets are standard 4x5 (trans. IT8.7/1) and 5x7 the (reflective AGFACOLR IT8.7/2) there are batch numbers taped to each target like a Serial number, I think it may be the reference number for the individually measured descriptor files. Or just Batch numbers.

Like I said They came in a ColorTune software package with a AGFAScan HID that I just bought new in the box. I have searched everywhere for the Descriptor files. I cant find them anywhere. they are not on the disk. I looked for a .txt, .it8, .q60 I cant find anything

I am trying to color profile my scanner using Vuescan, I know how to do it, I just need the descriptor files. Agfa is out of the game and there is no link to any thing I can find. With the price of these targets, I hate to throw them away because I cant find a simple .txt file.

I know I need to get targets for various emulsions I will be scanning, like the Velvia 50 RVP is not the same as the AGFAChrome RSX100 so the colors may have a cast to them. However I have learned a few tricks, I just need some known variables and the Agfa IT8 descriptor files are my ticket.

I am sure there are many ways to skin a cat. I just want these files to start off with. So any of you ex or current Agfa scanner or Agfa IT8 target users, can you help me out, Thanks AKf

Re: IT8 Target description file (where the heck is it)

You've already searched http://www.targets.coloraid.de/ for your charge no.?

"I am afraid I do not have the Agfa reference files for your targets
    nor do I know were to get them." With kind regards

Wolf Faust

Well I guess they are worthless. I dont understand where the files could be. One would think they are on the disk of the ColorTune package containing the IT8 targets.

So strange, I have this awesome box, New, Sealed containing mint targets, a sealed cdrom. I installed ColorTune looked thru every file it created. I looked on the disk as a view files and folders, there are no reference files.

When I installed ColorTune, it asked me for my name and serial number off of the packaging, everything installed correctly. I cant find the stupid ref files anywhere. Agfa has been contacted, and I expect to hear no news from them as this is a discontinued product.

So I am going to drop more money on new targets to get calibrated, that seems so wasteful. It is what it is, AKf

When I had Linocolor of the same era, the target data files were on a 3.5" floppy, apart from the CD.

Jon
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 18-Aug-2011 at 14:41.
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: jonshiu.zenfolio.com

The targets came with a CDROM all in a ColorTune Sealed package. It is very bizarre that I cannot locate the reference files. It is impossible to use these targets without the reference files.

I may, repeat may, have these somewhere. I had an Agfa 2500 for awhile. I ended up throwing it out, but I may have the software discs...somewhere... Otherwise getting new ones from Mr. Faust isn't too expensive.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I hope you can find the disk. Man I hate flushing 100 bucks down the toliet

The files were made for each target individually. They came on a floppy with the targets. I may have a set of targets with matching files.

Tech Support, Chromix, Inc.

Another alternative for the reflective target would be to scan your own reference file. You, or someone you know who has a spectrophotometer (like an i1Pro - or we use a SpectroScan table for this), can measure the patches on a 5 x 7 reflective target and make you a customized reference file. This would probably also be more accurate since it's giving you a current description of your target rather than what you'd get with an older reference. (Dyes in the emulsion of the target can subtly change over time.)

Probably not going to work with the transmissive target though.
    Pat Herold
    CHROMiX Tech Support
    www.chromix.com

@pherold is that an offer? I see in your sig you do all thngs color.