Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ernemann Klapp

Ernemann Klapp

Does anyone here own one?

Have you managed to pull it apart for repair?

This is my next project...

Re: Ernemann Klapp

Oh, never mind. Got it to work!

Deardorff Sales and service

What kind of oil did you use?
    Ken Hough Deardorff Refinisher since 1982
    Deardorff Factory refinisher / remanufacturer 1982-88
    Deardorff Factory Historian 82-88
    Deardorff Cameras on Facebook
    www.deardorffcameras.0catch.com

Because it is simple gears I used some WD-40 to clear out the crap. I've been running it for a few days to make sure it doesn't sieze up, and it's been perfect since.

wow, I thought it was some dreaded disease!
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Does anyone here own one?

Have you managed to pull it apart for repair?

This is my next project...
    And did you succeed in repairing the Ernemann Klapp?
    Can you show pictures of how you opened the shutter?

thank you

My Flickr

All it took was some cleaning and lubrication. I used some WD40 and lighter fuel to free the gummed up cogs. There are screws all along the back to remove it in one piece exposing the shutter

All it took was some cleaning and lubrication. I used some WD40 and lighter fuel to free the gummed up cogs. There are screws all along the back to remove it in one piece exposing the shutter
    Ok I will have a look at it. Mine is a 12 x 9 cm camera. What do you take as a camera back for making pictures?

My Flickr

Mine is 9x12cm as well. It came with a film pack adapter converted to allow the common metal plate holders to fit. I'm waiting until I can afford some plate-to-film adapters for those holders. There's a temptation to manufacture a 5x4 back to fit instead though.

Along each edge is a screw, then you must remove the albada finder from the top of the camera as well - a screw is hidden under there as well.

Once you have removed those screws the back comes off as a whole. You needn't touch any of the curtains or gears unless someone has broken it. Look to the side at all the gears and you might have a lot of corrosion like mine. Use a air-blower to try and shift as much dust/corrosion as possible before adding lubrication.

I received a 9x12 GG back from a member on this forum that I cut to slide into the adapter back so that I could compose images, but mostly it's a camera to set at infinity.

Mine is 9x12cm as well. It came with a film pack adapter converted to allow the common metal plate holders to fit. I'm waiting until I can afford some plate-to-film adapters for those holders. There's a temptation to manufacture a 5x4 back to fit instead though.

Along each edge is a screw, then you must remove the albada finder from the top of the camera as well - a screw is hidden under there as well.

Once you have removed those screws the back comes off as a whole. You needn't touch any of the curtains or gears unless someone has broken it. Look to the side at all the gears and you might have a lot of corrosion like mine. Use a air-blower to try and shift as much dust/corrosion as possible before adding lubrication.

I received a 9x12 GG back from a member on this forum that I cut to slide into the adapter back so that I could compose images, but mostly it's a camera to set at infinity.
    Thanks so far for the info. I will first try to get the shutter up and running and see if I need to replace shuttercurtains (I have done that with other albeit smaller camera's, so that won't be a problem). Btw mine has an Ernotar lens f 4,5 150mm, I was told the camera was built in 1920 according to its serial nr. Oh, and I will have to clean up the lens as well, there is quite some dust inside. Can you post a picture of your camera with that GG back?

My Flickr