Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Imacon/Flexcolor 4 on osx LION

  1. #1
    norly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    61

    Imacon/Flexcolor 4 on osx LION

    Hi.
    Im in the sad situation that my flexcolor 4.04 wont work on the new mac osx lion (rosette is gone). Since I only need it to run my two imacon flextight scanners (with rotac adapters) I figure maybe someone here knows of a solution.

    Does anyone know of a rosetta emulator or have been in contact with hasselblad about this problem?

    And yes, I know I can get a old dedicated scanner computer, and yes I know can emulate 10.6, and yes I understand that hasselblad dont support the flextight line anymore..
    -----------------
    4x5 and 6x6 stuff

  2. #2
    Joanna Carter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Plestin-les-Grèves, France
    Posts
    992

    Re: Imacon/Flexcolor 4 on osx LION

    You can create a second partition and choose whether to boot into either Snow Leopard or Lion, depending on what you want to do. Either that or run Parallels and install Lion as a virtual machine.
    Joanna Carter
    Grandes Images

    UKLFPG

  3. #3
    norly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    61

    Re: Imacon/Flexcolor 4 on osx LION

    I know. but its not the solution I want. I want to run the scanner under my 10.7.
    -----------------
    4x5 and 6x6 stuff

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    114

    Re: Imacon/Flexcolor 4 on osx LION

    Is your computer NEW or was just the OS updated to Lion?

    If your computer was just updated, put in a 2nd drive if you are able to. (Depends if its a Tower configuration)

    Load in the previous OS and Rosetta (if you still have it on a DISC) onto that 2nd drive. You will be creating a Second Bootable drive that will have the previous OS along with Rosetta.

    What was your previous OS software and I'm guessing that your computer is of the Intel based unit? Your Flextight, it is a Photo model or the Precision II?

    Evan
    Quote Originally Posted by norly View Post
    Hi.
    Im in the sad situation that my flexcolor 4.04 wont work on the new mac osx lion (rosette is gone). Since I only need it to run my two imacon flextight scanners (with rotac adapters) I figure maybe someone here knows of a solution.

    Does anyone know of a rosetta emulator or have been in contact with hasselblad about this problem?

    And yes, I know I can get a old dedicated scanner computer, and yes I know can emulate 10.6, and yes I understand that hasselblad dont support the flextight line anymore..

  5. #5
    norly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    61

    Re: Imacon/Flexcolor 4 on osx LION

    As I wrote. I know about all the virtual solutions and bootcamp and other possibilities to run a older system. Just like I know I can buy a G4 and run the scanners with scsi natively. But thats not what I looking for.

    I want a solution for using my scanner on 10.7 lion.

    So the solutions is this.

    1. hasselblad add s support for flextight III scanners in there new software (very unlikely)

    2. Someone had made a rosetta emulator app or similar for osx 10.7 lion

    3. I can use a lion compatible scanner software instead of flexcolor
    -----------------
    4x5 and 6x6 stuff

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    114

    Re: Imacon/Flexcolor 4 on osx LION

    Your list of options are hopefully, but dependent if there is a market for it.

    1. Hasselblad supplied software is iffy, based on what I was told by them.
    I'm in the process if searching out a Precision III myself. Probably best to ask Hasselblad Tech Support directly.

    2. Not familiar with Rosetta, but if it works, then I'm all game for it.

    3. As far as I understand it, the current Flexcolor is fantastic and is a propriety software. Similar to the Scitex/Creo/Kodak scanner software. IF it ever materialize.



    Quote Originally Posted by norly View Post
    As I wrote. I know about all the virtual solutions and bootcamp and other possibilities to run a older system. Just like I know I can buy a G4 and run the scanners with scsi natively. But thats not what I looking for.

    I want a solution for using my scanner on 10.7 lion.

    So the solutions is this.

    1. hasselblad add s support for flextight III scanners in there new software (very unlikely)

    2. Someone had made a rosetta emulator app or similar for osx 10.7 lion

    3. I can use a lion compatible scanner software instead of flexcolor

  7. #7
    norly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    61

    Re: Imacon/Flexcolor 4 on osx LION

    The last flexcolor version to work with scsi scanners are 4.04 and its okay. But it would be fun with a newer version... the curves are a pain to work with...

    And it runs fin on all osx systems up to 10.6.
    -----------------
    4x5 and 6x6 stuff

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    114

    Re: Imacon/Flexcolor 4 on osx LION

    Norly,

    I was testing out my friend's Precision II. We got manage to to get to run on OS10.4.11 with Flexcolor 4.03. That is of course using the Ratoc FRS1X Firewire adapter. Using 4.03, the Precision II became a III...

    He will most probably attempt to upgrade it to run on an Intel based Mac with Leopard (OS10.5.8) with Flexcolor 4.04. Was that how you manage to run your scanner?




    Quote Originally Posted by norly View Post
    The last flexcolor version to work with scsi scanners are 4.04 and its okay. But it would be fun with a newer version... the curves are a pain to work with...

    And it runs fin on all osx systems up to 10.6.

  9. #9
    norly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    61

    Re: Imacon/Flexcolor 4 on osx LION

    I have both a flextight 2 and 3 and they run fine on snow leopard with a ratox. Still if anyone has spoken with hasselblad about this issue, please let us know.
    -----------------
    4x5 and 6x6 stuff

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrading to Lion?
    By Ben Hopson in forum Digital Processing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25-Jul-2011, 17:13
  2. Help please! - Mac finder not launching OSX 10.4.11
    By Baxter Bradford in forum Digital Processing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 23-Nov-2008, 16:45
  3. Sinar 52H: lion or mouse?
    By windhorse in forum Digital Hardware
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-Jan-2008, 15:53
  4. drivers for scanners that run with osx
    By jnantz in forum Digital Hardware
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-Dec-2003, 23:03

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •