Thread: Filter and lens hood for 75mm Biogon

Filter and lens hood for 75mm Biogon

Hello,

I just obtained a Linhof 75mm Biogon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears t hat the filter size is 95mm screw-in? What about lens hoods? Obviously, the le ns hood must allow for the very wide angle of view. Did Zeiss manufacture a len s hood for this beast? Seeing that the lens is not multi coated, I think a hood is especially important. Please give me an education on this lens, along with y our recommendations...Thanks!

Best regards,

J. P. Mose

Somewhere I have an Email from a Dr. ?? at Zeiss that answered some questions for me about my 75mm Biogon. He said something to the effect that although it wasn't a "T" coating, that there wasn't a great deal of difference between it and a modern lens. I suspect yours is multi-coated. I think you are right about the filter size. I might also add that he said that the proformance was very simular to the 38mm that they still make and that proformance was "not much improved below F8"

I have also found posts on the net that claim that a center filter is not necessary.

For a yellow filter I found a government surplus filter about 10mm larger in diameter and used foam to shrink it down to a slip on fit.

Neal

Heliopan makes 95 mm scre-in filters.

Heliopan also makes a 95mm to 105mm step up ring which would let you use more commonly available 105mm filters on the lens.

Yes, I have got precisely what you are looking for. That is the advantage of the web. If you are still looking for the lens shade..... here is one BIG lens shade made by Ziess (I presume since this came with the Biogon I bought) It is very sturdy all made of Aluminum and Brass ring. I also have a specifically designed yellow filter which has a very solid heavy feel, "Linhof" engraved. It is in excellent shape. It is slip-on type and can be adjusted between the shade and the lens if required. Otherwise the shade can be used alone. Both the items are in USA.

Re: Filter and lens hood for 75mm Biogon

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Anwar Saeeduddin View Post
    Yes, I have got precisely what you are looking for. That is the advantage of the web. If you are still looking for the lens shade..... here is one BIG lens shade made by Ziess (I presume since this came with the Biogon I bought) It is very sturdy all made of Aluminum and Brass ring. I also have a specifically designed yellow filter which has a very solid heavy feel, "Linhof" engraved. It is in excellent shape. It is slip-on type and can be adjusted between the shade and the lens if required. Otherwise the shade can be used alone. Both the items are in USA.
    My reply is only eleven years late, but it should close the loop.

The shade the late Dr. Saeeduddin referred to ended up in my hands and it is not the correct shade for the 75mm Biogon. It is for the 360mm Tele-Arton which uses the same filter sizes as the Biogon (95mm screw and also 100mm slip-on). This link is to my own lens shade that does work. http://www.digoliardi.net/biogon_lens_shade/index.html