Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Wind Farms - Before pictures

Ron Miller

Re: Wind Farms - Before pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    In twenty years, once this generation of wind turbines become rusting 300' hulks and the corporations charged with maintaining them skip town, let me know how you like them then....
    Every time I drive i-80 i have that same thought. 5years from now maintenance will be outsourced and the downfall will begin like our bridges.

Ron Miller

In twenty years, once this generation of wind turbines become rusting 300' hulks and the corporations charged with maintaining them skip town, let me know how you like them then....
    Every time I drive i-80 i have that same thought. 5years from now maintenance will be outsourced and the downfall will begin like our bridges. At least they aren't offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by gevalia View Post
    Every time I drive i-80 i have that same thought. 5years from now maintenance will be outsourced and the downfall will begin like our bridges.
    Don't have to wait 5 years......

A school's eco-friendly dream of free power from a £55,000 wind turbine has been blown away after it broke down and the company that installed it went bust.

The system was seen as a green blueprint for clean, sustainable energy for schools nationwide and received grants from various bodies including EDF, the energy giant.

But soon after being installed the wind turbine became faulty and after a few months jammed - showering the school's playing field with debris.

Sue Hawken, chairman of the school governors, said: 'It has been an absolute nightmare from start to finish.

'We've put a claim in but realistically I don't expect to get a single penny from this company.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...goes-bust.html
    "There are two dirty words in photography; one is 'art', and the other is 'good taste'." - Helmut Newton

I'll like them a hell of a lot better than a disused coal or nuclear plant.
    Please, call me Erik.
    Find me on: Flickr Pentaxforums RangeFinderForum
    Omega View 45F Monorail, Super Graphic, Various Lenses (75, 90, 135, 150/265, 210)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Potter View Post
    Listed in % fatalities by source shows:
    Wind Turbines .1 to .2 %
    If these .1 to .2 % are high flying large birds of rare, endangered kinds like eagles mostly, even these small quotes can endanger the whole population in their respective region.
    Nice example for a possibly biased use of statistics.

Ulrich
    (who is not against power turbines in general, but against lying with statistics)

The sun never sets in Indiana?

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Crisp View Post
    The sun never sets in Indiana?
    I used to install solar ( Energy Consultants Inc. out of Dayton Ohio) back when there was a 90% tax credit when Carter was president..
    The system started out as just a simple 2-panel forced air unit and then we up-graded the panels to start heating the water by installing copper tubing in each panel and a heat exchange unit to the hot water heater..
    This system didn't store any electricity because it wasn't designed to but there are now solar panel systems that will charge batteries which stores power for night use.

Did you know that you can save 7-9% on your electric bill or gas by using a hot water heater wrap? I use two of them

Did you know that you can save 7-9% on your electric bill or gas by using a hot water heater wrap? I use two of them [/QUOTE]

You would be surprised at how many people don't wrap their water heaters. It's easy and inexpensive to do, saves energy and money. A real no brainer!

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

But new water heaters for the last decade or two have more insulation, so the savings is not nearly as great as before.
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.