Thread: Watching Spaghetti Westerns and Making Photographs

Watching Spaghetti Westerns and Making Photographs

Hi I’m Chuck and I’m a large format shooter from the Texas Panhandle. I enjoy this forum and have found it to be very helpful.

I have been interested in photography for about fifteen years and studied some art in college. One day I was casually flipping through the B&H catalog when I stumbled upon their view camera page. It was like something jumped up and hit me between the eyes. Instantly I knew large format photography was for me.

Currently I work with a 4x5 Sinar F2, 90mm & 210mm lens, tray processing. I enjoy scanning and making contact prints.

I look forward to learning and contributing with the large format community, hope to jump to 8x10 someday.

Hello and happy picture making!

Re: Watching Spaghetti Westerns and Making Photographs

Hi Chuck! Welcome to the forum... being from Texas, I'm suprised that you started with such a small format...

Spaghetti Westerns rock!
    Welcome aboard!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Welcome to group therapy! There are alot of us hooked on both LF and westerns...I've got a pretty extensive John Wayne collection!

Welcome from Canada. I am recently going the other way. I have processed over a million fiber based prints as well as countless other colour wet processes. Now Large Format Digital is what I embrace. I only tell you because I would like to pass on a wealth of information. So ask away. The only dumb deaf and blind questions are the ones you don't ask...
    Grant

Welcome Chuck! Lots to learn here for sure..
    one does not photograph something simply for “what it is”, but “for what else it is”. Minor White

http://gerrymeekins.com

"The good, the soft and the spotted"
    Welcome!