Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pin registration system?

pin registration system?

Hi- I am trying to find a "pin registration system". Essentialy some 1/4" pins which work w/ a hole punch to allow me to contact print my seperation negs. Have looked hard w/ little success. Any help is appreciated.

thanks Brad

pin registration system?

Try Freestyle at www.freestylesalesco.com

pin registration system?

nope, not a Freestyle

thanks

pin registration system?

Try here: http://www.gammag.com/sourcebook/sourcebook.cgi? view=codet&keyword=M014240

pin registration system?

Sorry Brad, if a search screen shows up at that address, type in the words pin register and you should get the proper page.

pin registration system?

Kodak discontinued their punch and register plate kits some years ago. Pity. It was good system with one elongated pin so that the film couldn't be accidentally reversed.

It's not too difficult to make a register jig, which I had to do when I couldn't find the commercial product. I drilled and tapped a thin brass plate to take two cheesehead screws, at the correct distance for a normal filepaper hole punch. You have to find screws with a head diameter the same as the hole that the punch makes. I think 4BA was the right size, after a slight polishing with fine carborundum paper.As I later found out, not all hole-punches are created equal, they vary slightly in hole size and spacing. So, to save yourself trouble in future, buy 2 or 3 identical punches, and put a couple away as replacements to match your jig.

pin registration system?

Animators use a pin-register system to keep their cels in register. Perhaps you may adapt those to your needs. Do a search for animation art suppliers.

pin registration system?

These used to be common in the printing industry. Another possible source would be a graphic arts supply house, or a printer's supply house.

pin registration system?

I used 1/4" standoffs purchased at an electronic supply store.

pin registration system?

I stand corrected. Freestyle had, until fairly recently, a graphic arts catalog that had several kinds of registration pins and all kinds of other graphic arts supplies, but you're right, that catalog seems to have disappeared from their product line.