Thread: "Encuentro" of Alternative Processes, Xalapa

"Encuentro" of Alternative Processes, Xalapa

If anyone plans to be in Xalapa, Mexico in the next two weeks you might look
    into attending one or more of the events of the Segundo Encuentro Internacional
    de procesos fotograficos alternativos
    www.procesosfotograficosalternativos.com.mx

There will be a variety of activities, including several exhibitions, discussion
    groups, and three-day workshops on pt/pd, gum, digital negatives, and a process
    called "adicromo". I will be attending many of these events, and also will do a
    five-day workshop on carbon transfer printing July 11-15, which is closed to enrollment at this point.

The first "Encuentro" was held in July 2009 and was well organized and very well attended, mostly by
    photographers from Mexico, but a few gringos, including Jon Goodman, Dick
    Sullivan, and yours truly. The even is sponsored by the Universidad Veracruzana.

Xalapa is a beautiful small city in the highlands of the state of Veracruz. At over 5000 feet elevation it offers a wonderful "cool" climate all year round, in contrast to the steamy metropolis of Veracruz which is only about fifty miles distant.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Re: "Encuentro" of Alternative Processes, Xalapa

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    If anyone plans to be in Xalapa, Mexico in the next two weeks you might look
    into attending one or more of the events of the Segundo Encuentro Internacional
    de procesos fotograficos alternativos
    www.procesosfotograficosalternativos.com.mx

There will be a variety of activities, including several exhibitions, discussion
    groups, and three-day workshops on pt/pd, gum, digital negatives, and a process
    called "adicromo". I will be attending many of these events, and also will do a
    five-day workshop on carbon transfer printing July 11-15, which is closed to enrollment at this point.

The first "Encuentro" was held in July 2009 and was well organized and very well attended, mostly by
    photographers from Mexico, but a few gringos, including Jon Goodman, Dick
    Sullivan, and yours truly. The even is sponsored by the Universidad Veracruzana.

Xalapa is a beautiful small city in the highlands of the state of Veracruz. At over 5000 feet elevation it offers a wonderful "cool" climate all year round, in contrast to the steamy metropolis of Veracruz which is only about fifty miles distant.

Sandy
    Hi Sandy,
    Good luck with the show. It's sounds fun ! Please keep updated how the show goes.Bon voyage!

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Sandy, have a good time and I know the workshop will be a great success.

Scott Davis

Sandy- sounds like a blast. Wish you would have posted something about this earlier (or if you did, I wish I saw it sooner). I would have loved to attend something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davis View Post
    Sandy- sounds like a blast. Wish you would have posted something about this earlier (or if you did, I wish I saw it sooner). I would have loved to attend something like this.
    Scott,

I did not post anything about this earlier. Will talk to the organizers this year about reaching out (promoting) this event outside of Mexico for next Encuentro.

The symposium they put on in 2009 was world class and I think many people in other countries would be interested in attending a conference in this beautiful city, home of the Olmecs. Xalapa is worth the travel, if for no other reason to visit the wonderful anthropological museum located there. In Mexico it is second only to the one in DF, and in some respects, even more interesting.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 3-Jul-2011 at 18:24.
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon