Thread: 12.5 cm 125mm f2 XENON SCHNEIDER GOTTINGEN

12.5 cm 125mm f2 XENON SCHNEIDER GOTTINGEN

I am interested to find out what camera(s) anyone has shot the xenon on? I am planning on purchasing one and adapting it onto a rollei sl66 which has a lens mount opening of 76mm and a distance from the mount to the film plane of 103mm and am trying to figure out if it is possible to fit it on/in it. Any input/experience would be much appreciated. If it is not possible to fit it on I would also be interested in mounting on a camera and shooting some 3.25 x 4.25 fuji fp-3000b with it.

Re: 12.5 cm 125mm f2 XENON SCHNEIDER GOTTINGEN

I have one and it covers 4x5 easily. The lens actually cover up to 6x6. I have used it also with a 5x7 camera. Hope this helps.
    Kaden K.

We have one now and it barely covers 3x4 focussed at infinity. I'd like to know how you got yours to cove 5x7 in.

My experience is that the 12.5cm f2 Xenon barely covers 3.25 x 4.25". This is the format I use it with. I use it on a 5x7 (Canham) camera with a reducing back. I would think it would be a fun lens with the Fuji instant film. While I can't say if it would work (mechanically) with your Rollie, it would certainly cover the format. Of the three samples I have tried two were pretty sharp although with a tendency to flare. The other had internal haze, and was a doorstop. These were aerial lenses, and many were abused, so be careful when you purchase, make sure you have the right to return. I have seen versions of this lens reworked/coated by Burke and James and fit into a shutter, named the 5" f2 Carl Meyer Speed-Anastigmat. I would think this lens would really benefit from the coating, so perhaps the B&J version may be worth seeking out.

Quote Originally Posted by bwrightphoto View Post
    I am interested to find out what camera(s) anyone has shot the xenon on? I am planning on purchasing one and adapting it onto a rollei sl66 which has a lens mount opening of 76mm and a distance from the mount to the film plane of 103mm and am trying to figure out if it is possible to fit it on/in it. Any input/experience would be much appreciated. If it is not possible to fit it on I would also be interested in mounting on a camera and shooting some 3.25 x 4.25 fuji fp-3000b with it.
    The one I use to work with, was really clean and sharp. It was mounted on a 3x4 speed graphic and both, camera and lens matched very well. 4x5" was nice for portrait distances. Hope that last owner (LFF member) have enjoy it as well....

GOATS

Don't be snide Miguel, none of the three Xenon lenses I owned was from you. I still have the car part, if you would like it back.