Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: My Century 10A Restoration

Re: My Century 10A Restoration

Can anyone give me the dimensions of the bellows on a Century Studio 10a? I would like to order a bellows but the one on mine does not seem original and I'm not sure if it is the right size.

Quote Originally Posted by akfreak View Post

That little latch at the top and bottom look like some sort of holder for a plate of some sort. If anyone can tell me what that is designed to hold I would appreciate it.
    Those latches held in various blockout plates for making 2 images side-by-side with a sliding back.
    My darkroom used to be a meat freezer.

First of all, I have requested that one of the many helpful mods move this thread over to the DIY section which came after this thread started!

These camera were in use during many generations of photographers/photography and the fashion for studio portraits changed, as did the quality of dry plates and film. Small town studios were probably not that wealthy and perhaps used ad hoc solutions rather than conversion sets available from Eastman Kodak.

I have a number of "home-made" conversion backs all of which are well-made and work as they should.

I enclose photos of a back that would probably would fit yours - showing the the latching on mechanism. This is done by putting a hand through the 5x7" hole.

Thanks for doing the move dear Mod!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails adapt 002.jpg   adapt 001.jpg   adapt 003.jpg  
    Last edited by Steven Tribe; 15-Jan-2013 at 05:04.