Thread: Hi From Surrey (UK)

Hi From Surrey (UK)

Hi I'm Bill from Surrey. I've been playing with photography for a couple of years now and got most enjoyment from film stuff. I only shoot 35mm at the moment (but have a very nice Canon EOS1v to do it with), but should have an old medium format folder later this week to start playing with medium format. I have been tasked with building a couple of larger view cameras for work, no real need to make prints, they are just educational demos basically. I will start by doing pin hole stuff and would like the option of printing direct to the Harman direct positive paper. I would then like to extend this to a proper lens setup, so I'm here looking for into and advice.

I've also recently aquired a very nice Devere 405 enlarger so I can now print 5X4 negs, I'm probably going to want a nice small 5X4 monorail the more I hang about here and see the fantastic picture you guys(and girls) have taken!

I'm new to all this so be nice and humour the stupid questions

Re: Hi From Surrey (UK)

Would you like to join us in the UKLFPG forums, which will give you a more local bunch of LFers to contact.
    Joanna Carter
    Grandes Images

UKLFPG

First response is someone poaching me over to a different forum

yes why not, thanks for the invite

Welcome Bill,
    I bought a Wista DX 4x5 (got to put it like that, say 5x4 and the wroth of the colonies decends upon you) as my first lf camera, I still have it and it has, in my opinion, got an auful lot going for it. Keep an eye on the for sale part of this forum but stay well clear of and crooked South London dealers.
    It's a very steep learning curve, but loads of fun.
    Pete.

Another welcome from the UK. I got into LF in early 2009 using a Shen Hao TZ45BII then upgraded to a Walker Titan in early 2011. The walker is a joy to use. In fact I have not used my MF system for nearly a year and my 35mm gear for over 5 years.

Welcome to group therapy! You should do a search for "homemade camera"...there are a number of them illustrated there and you'll get a lot of good ideas.

Hey, welcome. I'm down the road in Swindon.

Welcome Bill, there is a wealth of information to be found here.
    Questions and comments are always welcome