Perhaps I did a silly thing in thinking that I could even come close to the man, but as they say, only those who dare to go too far know how far they can go. Anyhow...I set my sights pretty high for a college project in that I wanted to go to the Isle of Skye in the Highlands and get images in the style of Ansel Adams. My knowledge of him and his work, as well as the respect for his craft grew exponentially during this. My biggest regret is that I didn't have the time (or money for that matter) to actually get in the darkroom to print them. Also due to the weather I wasn't able to get the LF out for all the shots. What I do have is three that I cropped to a 6x9 format. This was because my 6x4.5 MF (backup) battery died and I had to use my Voigtlander Bessa. If you follow the link at the end, it should take you to my personal favorite on my flickr page, and you can find the rest when you get there. There are a few other test shots that I did with my former camera, a Graflex CG, but please pay no attention to those. The camera used for those three shots was a Cambo SC (Rodenstock APO-Sironar-N 210mm) borrowed from the college, shot on Kodak Tmax 100, and developed in Ilford DD-X. My personal view is that I didn't even come close, but I think that the LF images that I came away with, were at least true to the effort.

See them HERE!

Thanks!