Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: August 20th Dallas / Fort Worth LF outing

Re: August 20th Dallas / Fort Worth LF outing

Barry, I have not received an e-mail from you to register. You are more than welcoem to join us. Except for one in the party we are not camera builders; just going to visit one!!
    Please e-mail me so I can add your address to the list. I will communicate through e-mail so not to bore the whole forum with the details of the meet-up.

Hi Susan:

My kids live in Plano. I will be staying near Dallas Fort Worth International Airport about an hour and a half from Mineola.

Hi Michael: Email is on its way. Thank you. I am also looking forward to seeing some other large camera users. There aren't many up here in the frozen white wasteland. I will try to bring what I have done on the 7x17 I am building.

Thank you very much.

4x5 Is So Small. . . J.B. Harlin's Avatar

Looking forward to meeting you Barry. . . this should be an interesting and fun outing. . .

Barry, nice to hear you will be in town for this. I can't make it, but hope to hear many good things from everyone.

Are you still making the filmholders, Barry?
    Mike Castles
    My Web Site
    Rambles

Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Harlin View Post
    Looking forward to meeting you Barry. . . this should be an interesting and fun outing. . .
    I am also looking forward to meeting you J.B. I have been an admirer of your verticals for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Castles View Post

Are you still making the filmholders, Barry?
    Hi Mike:
    That is the problem, I am STILL making them. They should have been done years ago, but life got in the way. A lot.

Perhaps someday they will be finished. The next batch will go much much faster.

We have reached the ideal count for attendees at this point.
    Any further interested members will go on the waiitng list and will be notified in case another person has to cancel their "reservation".

When e-mailing me, please put "Ty Guillory" in the subject header. This will force an automatic forward to JB Harlin who will keep the headcount going in my absence through te end of July.

Hello,

Man, I am excited about the trip out here to the house & shop. The response is humbling; as I don't see myself as very exciting nor entertaining.

Feel free to bring along any cameras, LF or digital. I live in the "boonies" and I have a cool little building that is neat to take images by. I can drag out a few other things that may be "still-life" worthy. This trip may a nice time for you guys to swap out images of each other posing with your LF cameras; since it's a bit hard to take a picture of you and your camera by yourself....I know at least half of us have tried; using a mirror and looking like a big "goober" to your neighbor watching over the fence. Just a thought.

I'm guessing a few of you have seen the Texas C. Reporter thing. But, there is a super super cool video that the Longview News Journal did along with write-up a while back. It might be neat to watch. It shows our place here and the shop really good. I dare-say, it might be better than the TCR one. I love it because it shows my 3 year-old on the drill press. This is the link to the article; scroll down a bit and on the left side is the video thing. http://www.news-journal.com/features...5c3d601e4.html If any of you "tech. guys" know how to burn that to a DVD, I would love to get a copy.

I want to draw attention to the guy who did the write-up. He lives here and works for the local paper, but does AP stuff and has been out here numerous times for various papers. He is a semi-retired AP photojournalist who is simply an awesome sports photog. Originally using a speed graph. He was nominated for the Pulitzer for the shot of Jack N.'s winning shot at the masters (golf). I love it when he comes over; I bug him about jobs he has done. He did a messload of superbowls (14) starting with the first one, a few olympics, he's credited as being the first guy to use tele lens at pro basketball. For kicks, check out his little site on local things in east Texas; it also gives a good bio of him http://www.easttexasreflections.com/ If you shoot him a note, tell him I sent you. Our little Mineola paper has the best sports shots of any newspaper I've seen.

When Michael gets back from hopping around airport terminals and riding zebras, I'll send him the directions that he can forward to the attending. I'll actually be out of state the last week of July into early Aug. Heading to Virginia to learn a little more on woodworking. Life has taken me into building early Am Period furniture. I am going to do some extra learning from a guy who actually has stuff in the White House.

Anyway, just figured I'd drop in. I didn't think I would end up dictating a thesis. Need to get some sleep and head back into the shop in the morn. I've got three cameras that need to get done.

Ty

4x5 Is So Small. . . J.B. Harlin's Avatar

Hello Ty,

We are really looking forward to meeting you and seeing your cameras, shop and photos. Susan and I will be bringing a couple of ULF cameras. This should be a fun gathering for everyone.

JB