Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Aircraft

Re: Aircraft

In fact the dry heat is a good thing (for a while). The low humidity means that when you find shade, it's actually a little cooler. Unlike the humid East, where when it's 95F and 95% humidity (and recently I lived for six years in Northern Virginia) there is no escape from the heat except by air-conditioning. So now that the temps are dropping and the sun is lower, I'm all in favor of life here (the dry air gives a brilliant light unlike other places, too). Let me know if you do pass this way. There's a small but active LF community in Tucson, we'll make you welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Salmo22 View Post
    The Pima Air & Space Museum is very photographer friendly. Several times a year they host night photo shoots after normal museum hours. A terrific place to photograph a wide variety of aircraft. Randy Efros (Cole & Brett Weston colaborator) enjoys taking his LF gear and photographing at Pima - http://www.randyefros.com/portfolio_blackandwhite_2.htm

Falcon Field in Mesa is also a good place to photograph aircraft. It was originally built as an RAF training facility during WWII. Arizona is rife with public and private locations with aircraft to photograph - both vintage and abandoned.
    I live 5 minutes maybe 10 from Falcon field. Unfortunately being relocated to OKC till I retire. Then back to AZ to live in Flag till I drop 50 years from now

Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Vogt View Post
    But it's a dry heat, Mark. At least that's what I kept hearing through the years. Might stop at Pima next Spring on the way to some wild place E. of Texas....I think the night + day shoot would be superb.

Les
    Well it has been 40% humidity here in Mesa. Above 105 it doesn't matter. It is just freakin hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    I live 5 minutes maybe 10 from Falcon field. Unfortunately being relocated to OKC till I retire. Then back to AZ to live in Flag till I drop 50 years from now
    I'm also headed to Flag as soon as I retire, and lets hope I drop sooner than 50 years from now, thinking I'll be happy if I go another 20 or 30. Already have a house there, just need to work another 5 years.

Roger

... Back on track ... . . Boeing P7-17 Continental Radial engine & prop. on Boeing P7-17 (1942). McMinnville, Oregon.
    . . Boeing P7-17 by Reinhold S., on Flickr. . Neg# ACAQ 416, Cabhan 8x20" camera, 335mm lens, YG filter, HP5 film. 2004 (cropped to 1:2 format

Reinhold

Korona DC-3 Propeller by rrunnertexas, on Flickr

Korona 8 x 10, B&L Tessar lens with Arista EDU 100.

Korona DC-3 Side by rrunnertexas, on Flickr

B&L Tessar lens

Eric Woodbury

Good job 'Texas'

That's sure nice having that door so you can pop out right into the propeller! There are enough roof antennas on that Gooney. Must have been a radioman training plane or something.

I may be wrong, but I think those are pitot tubes.