Thread: Frames, Framing Supplies, Mat Board, Frame Destiantion

Frames, Framing Supplies, Mat Board, Frame Destiantion

I used to buy from Light Impressions. Everyone knows the downhill course there. They used to be good quality but now they are crooks. Anyway, I routinely frame a number of photos for display and need a reliable source for materials. I found one in Frame Destination:

http://www.framedestination.com/

Last year, I ordered ~100 Nielson Frames from them. I just went through an additional 30. The website for ordering is a little confusing, but it is always a little confusing to order frames and mat board, especially if the windows are custom cut. They have always been very prompt with emails and very clear with communication. I bought some frames with uncut mat board and some with custom windows. All the board was Alpha Rag 4 and 8 ply.

The frames come completely assembled with acrylic glazing, foam backer, mat board, window mat. They are packed perfectly (very impressive) and I have not had a single damaged item. The aluminum frames are cut well and clean. The acrylic has protective plastic which comes off in one pull - others I have used are a nightmare to remove. The mat board is very high quality. The custom windows in 8-Ply mat board are perfect. The shipping is reasonable. The prices are fair and include a bulk discount.

I like being able to buy all of my materials in one place for framing. This is the place. I give them an A+. So if anyone is looking for the Anti-Light Impressions, this is it.

Re: Frames, Framing Supplies, Mat Board, Frame Destiantion

I've ordered from them as well. They have excellent service. Their owner is active, and very helpful, on a number of forums.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Agreed, +1 for FrameDestination. Good experience for me so far with very responsive customer service. Ordered 8 large frames. One of them was off just enough that the acrylic didn't fit properly. They shipped a new frame AND acrylic, no questions asked.

Recommended.

I've also ordered several times with great success.

Roger

FrameDestination's window mats are perfectly cut and promptly shipped. At their prices I've stopped cutting all but a few odd sizes of my own mats after many years of getting good at it.

Andrew Moxom

One other place to look at is www.documounts.com I order my pre-cut mats through them and they are stunning quality, laser cut etc. Great customer server, great prices etc. They also have a custom fram ordering service that I have also had great luck with.

I met Mark a few years a go when the business was fairly new, and got a tour of his shop. It's a class act and I'm not surprised at the responses from his customers. Highly recommended!

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

I get all of my 8 ply mats and frames, backing from FDI and could not be happier. They are first class and the packing is the best. I've ordered a lot of supplies from them and have never had any problem at all. By far the best I have dealt with, ever!

Joshua Tree, California

Agreed no one else comes close for price and service.

Smile Re: Frames, Framing Supplies, Mat Board, Frame Destiantion

Wow, I just saw this thread and it made my whole Memorial Day Weekend!!!
    Speaking of Memorial Day, we will be having a sale on that day so be sure to check the site. You can also get a sale code for that day on our Facebook page.

David, not sure when you saw the shop but we have 11,000 sq feet now and we have a nice photo studio now. Please feel free to stop by if you are in the neighborhood. Also, we are happy to host photo meetups in the Dallas area now and then if we can work things out.

Jerold, about the acrylic with the white plastic protective sheet...I special order that from Cyro. We tried the blue film but it allowed to many scratches so I was happy to find that I could have it made with the more protective white film. Unfortunetly our volume is not high enough on the UV and non-glare aclyic to have Cryo do a special run just for us so those still have the paper film. There is a trick here that helps make taking the paper off a little easier: acrylic paper mask removal

Thanks to everyone for spreading the word about us!

Cheers,
    Mark
    Frame Destination, Inc.