Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Isle of Skye in september. Want to come?

Re: Isle of Skye in september. Want to come?

To-day, the weather forecast for next Sunday, Monday and Tuesday is storms and heavy rainfall. I think it is the remains of the last US Hurricane!

Ron Miller

Just say this thread. Already made plans for Colorado and Utah. Otherwise I'd be joining you. Well, maybe next year. Skye and Mull are on my 2-do list.

Ron

Just a quick report from me, as I left a day earlier because of returning a car hired in Edinburgh and complicated connections back to Copenhagen.
    We were 4 LFers. The other three were "modern" 4x5 users. Daniel did a lot of dias with his carefully stored Agfa film (he is from München!) but otherwise black and white.
    I got both the tailboard reisekameras working (13x18 and 18x24) and the 18x24 especialy was a joy to use - even in showers and hard wind. We had a very good mix of weather from heavy overcast with showers to completely blue sky. But most days had very changeable cloud cover with instant variations in illumination and cloud types.
    Joachim, I'm sure, will post his summing up when he is back in Gothenburg.
    Thanks to Joachim getting this organised and giving both Daniel and me the benefit of his ( and the multi-talented Guru, Charlie) previous experience on Skye.
    We met up with Gari from the Isle of Man on Thursday evening for a drink and natter down at the local bar/eater.
    As a first ( and second) time eater of Haggis, I can recommend it together with mashed potatoes and swedes.
    The midges were there - but they problems in the wind!

Still nothing from the others!
    Here are a few shots of the Cottage, the views from the cottage and evidence of Haggis eating.

Hello and Greetings from Munich,
    I arrived sunday evening in Munich and it was a funny to see, that a lot of young guys - wearing kilts - shared my flight to the Oktoberfest!
    In my mind, I´m still on Skye - it was a great time with very different weather conditions. So I was able to do nearly 80 photos. The first time I used my new Ebony 45S after the Chamonix 045N, that I had before. I loved the non-folding + plus lens on! It is so quick! Even in rain, you are not thinking about taking pictures.
    Thank you Charlie for organizing, cooking and music, thank you Joakim for making this post and the invitation, thank you Steven for offering rare film, thank you Sue + Bob and Kate + Neil for this wonderful time. I hope we can do a meeting in 2012!

Daniel