Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Any Gandolfi users out there?

Re: Any Gandolfi users out there?

In a way a pity you are not going to use it, but it is very beautiful.
    What year was it made?
    And keep us posted about the film.

Kees.

new 4x5 coming my way...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails b.jpg   bbbbbb.jpg  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original (3).jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	150512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original (2).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	150513

Looks like this thread has been pretty quiet... I just purchased this beauty from an auction tonight, now I just need to learn about it... model... what I will need to make photos with it (film backs et al) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	150514 but have a few lenses to get stared with. The seller said it was re-conditioned by Gandolfi in 1990, new bellows and such... and I'll try not to let it sit there in its beautiful condition and collect dust

I just joined recently so bear with me as I'm a true 'newbie' at LF.

Question Re: Any Gandolfi users out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Islandor View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original (3).jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	150512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original (2).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	150513

Looks like this thread has been pretty quiet... I just purchased this beauty from an auction tonight, now I just need to learn about it... model... what I will need to make photos with it (film backs et al) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	150514 but have a few lenses to get stared with. The seller said it was re-conditioned by Gandolfi in 1990, new bellows and such... and I'll try not to let it sit there in its beautiful condition and collect dust

I just joined recently so bear with me as I'm a true 'newbie' at LF.
    I think this is the Gandolfi 4x5 Field Camera, manufactured from the 1890's into the 20th century... if anybody can verify that, or correct me, it would be very helpful. Hopefully when I receive it there will be some numbers on it somewhere... Also trying to get the Auction House to pass my name to the original owner so that I can get a better history for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandor View Post
    I think this is the Gandolfi 4x5 Field Camera, manufactured from the 1890's into the 20th century... if anybody can verify that, or correct me, it would be very helpful. Hopefully when I receive it there will be some numbers on it somewhere... Also trying to get the Auction House to pass my name to the original owner so that I can get a better history for it.
    first of all: if a newbie it is like getting your first car, and then chose a RollsRoyce...

Congrats.

This is certainly not as old as you think - it is the Gandolfi "Traditional" (or sometimes called "Precision") and it is made not earlier than the fourties I think (as I remember it, they started these models around 1930). Not a good image of the back, but I think I can see it to be made to use modern holders (could have been done by the re-condition by Gandolfi - or just a sign of it to be even newer than the fourties...) No numbers - Gandolfi is notoriously hard to date. Then name plaque might help a little as they vary over time...
    In any case: it is a joy to use! Congrats. Now: go use it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emil Schildt View Post
    first of all: if a newbie it is like getting your first car, and then chose a RollsRoyce...

Congrats.

This is certainly not as old as you think - it is the Gandolfi "Traditional" (or sometimes called "Precision") and it is made not earlier than the fourties I think (as I remember it, they started these models around 1930). Not a good image of the back, but I think I can see it to be made to use modern holders (could have been done by the re-condition by Gandolfi - or just a sign of it to be even newer than the fourties...) No numbers - Gandolfi is notoriously hard to date. Then name plaque might help a little as they vary over time...
    In any case: it is a joy to use! Congrats. Now: go use it!!
    Thanks Emil, much appreciated!!! It didn't come with any holders so it may be nice if it will take a more modern type that may be easier to find. Hopefully I will have it in a week or so and I'll get back to you with any close up photos of any name plates and such. Thanks again, great info :-) I also have a photo of the back here: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	original (1).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	150530
    Last edited by Islandor; 7-May-2016 at 05:36. Reason: To add a photo

jep - modern spring back, so easy to find...

(Look at the name plaques here - I don't have dates on them but as you see they vary a lot...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gandolfi-plates.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Emil Schildt View Post
    jep - modern spring back, so easy to find...

(Look at the name plaques here - I don't have dates on them but as you see they vary a lot...)
    Thanks again Emil, they did use a lot of different ones! I'll let you know when it arrives, about bed time here in this part of the world :-)