Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voigtlander Portrait-Euryscopoe No 7A Third Series...

Voigtlander Portrait-Euryscopoe No 7A Third Series...

Hi,

I am new...

I have got a Voigtlander Portrait-Euryscopoe No 7A Third Series lens and i want to sell it. How much can I get for it? It is in good shape. I found some info that it is for 14x17in format at f4.5... Is it a good lens? Please help me decide should I sell it or keep it?

Re: Voigtlander Portrait-Euryscopoe No 7A Third Series...

Welcome - hope you stick around too!

Portrait Euryscope series III size 7A has a focal length of 19 1/3". The front lens is a massive 4" across. The catalogue coverage (1890) is indeed 14x17".

The cost in 1890 was USD 226. This is a very large lens that will attract the major players in this format size. It dosn't make much sense to keep it unless:

- you have a very sturdy camera/front standard or
    - are interested in this UL Format.

In an auction, the price will absolutely depend on glass condition (cement breakdown is not so important) and how many big spenders still need a very big Euryscope in their "battery".

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Quote Originally Posted by Łukasz Owsianka View Post
    Hi,

I am new...

I have got a Voigtlander Portrait-Euryscopoe No 7A Third Series lens and i want to sell it. How much can I get for it? It is in good shape. I found some info that it is for 14x17in format at f4.5... Is it a good lens? Please help me decide should I sell it or keep it?
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. Stick with it for 6 months from now . You will be surprise. Why? I just check my crystal ball

Lensen are clean, no scrathes, no separation, no dents, no fog. It was cleaned by the man from museum of photography. I have got two of them and I want sell one. How much can I get?

joseph

Wow- a stereo pair-
    Or maybe a ULFTLR
    would love to see a picture of those two together...

A ULF/TLR would require qute a lot of parallex correction.

Lukasz! As I said, you will get a nice figure - but it depends on the market that day or week. There aren't dozens of buyers.

If you wait a month from the day you signed up here, you can list it here - where I am sure there are many who will either buy it your listing price - or come with an offer.
    The sale/buy thread here has many advantages - especialy as regards fees. The fact that you have waited a month means that the buyers have some security about you. In addition, you have more security about the offers you receive. Outside the sale/buy thread, commercial activity is not allowed. Asking for value might be a prelude to an offer.

Sorry, I have both is in museum for claening and one of them will stay there for a year. Another will be for sale (they are stil cleaning the brass)

Before cleaning:

loujon

Don't clean the brass barrel.

Put it on eBay w/ No reserve & let it ride for 7 days. This will yield you top dollar. Ship world wide..

Straight sale here(an offer) will most likely get you about half of what bidding on eBay will produce. INHO.

I am asking because the museum wants to buy one of them and i do not know how much can i get for it in the free market. The museum man told me that it will be a fair offer. Please tell me the minimum and maximum free market price. If the value of lens is low I will keep it.

Stop the cleaning!
    With all respect to the "Museum" they do not have the expertise with old objectives or know what collectors/users are interested in!
    There is verdigris so they havn't been well looked after (damp conditions or water) and threads can be difficult.
    E**y will certainly get the best results but can be a harrowing experience (late or demanding bidders, shipment to countries where insurance is impossible etc. etc.).