Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: W.w.a.d.?

Re: W.w.a.d.?

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Weston would have wondered how to get Giselle Bundchen to pose for him on a sand dune.
    AA would have wanted that, too.

Rick "ahem!" Denney

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

You're all wrong. AA would have been more like Mannheim Steamroller and Isao Tomita. He might have been doing binaural recording, and experimental music.

Or he could have wound up like Syd Barrett.

Drew Wiley

I guess it would depend if AA was still under the influence of his old pal Cedric Wright,
    who would be more into the "oldies" and probably be touring with Iron Butterfly.

W.w.a.drive? I'm thinking Honda Element. Hybrid.

falth j

Clearly,

he would have ditched that stationwagon for a stepvan with a generator and processed the results in photoshop, and displayed the results of his efforts on a plasma TV so customers could choose their preferences on the spot, printed his pictures on a modern 12 ink printer, sold the results on the spot, taking credit cards linked to a telephone transfer system, and then spent the money on a nice meal paid for with a credit transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    W.w.a.drive? I'm thinking Honda Element. Hybrid.
    Hmmm. I'm thinking a Cadillac Escalade, with a platform on top. That's the nearest thing to what he actually did drive.

Rick "thinking AA was no sybarite" Denney

I have no doubt that AA would have embraced digital photography just as he embraced Polaroid. As he did with Polaroid, he would have continued to use LF, MF, and Polaroid (Fuji), along with digital. He didn't limit himself to one medium.

He would call up EW and between the two of them they would drink some scotch, ok a lot of scotch, play the piano, and then laugh like hell at all the punters wondering what they were thinking.
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by falth j View Post
    Clearly,

he would have ditched that station wagon for a stepvan with a generator and processed the results in photoshop, and displayed the results of his efforts on a plasma TV so customers could choose their preferences on the spot, printed his pictures on a modern 12 ink printer, sold the results on the spot, taking credit cards linked to a telephone transfer system, and then spent the money on a nice meal paid for with a credit transaction.
    You're definitely onto something. I might change it a bit -- AA would be behind a fence, chained to his camera, and Bill Turnage would be doing the selling...

Drew Wiley

Hmmm .... would he still be having steak and eggs for breakfast and flirting with the
    waitress, or would he be hanging around Starbucks?