Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toyo Robos 4x5

Re: Toyo Robos 4x5

Dear fellow photographers,

it is a shame and with some searching I should find the solution but: can you please clearly explain me how to use the Robos ground glass for focusing? I am somehow familiar with a way how to focus, when you have a scale on a focusing knob (eg. Sinars, Toyo 45GX etc...) but I am unsure what role has the Robos ground glass where there are pairs of lines approximately in a 1/3 from one side to another (in horizontal or vertical mode of a view) - I assume this a reference line for focusing when the tilt is used but how the whole process works effectively, it is still a mystery for me. For complete walkthrough i will be very grateful, as a novice (who has problems to understand that 2+2 is 4 even here in LF)

Thank for a reply and best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    This is the current European distributor:

https://www.toyoview.co.uk/

Most of the the US Toyo View website posted by MAC Group hasn't been updated in years. Re brands, MAC Group started as Mamiya America Corporation and IIRC they held the Mamiya trademark in the US. That's moot now, with Mamiya fully absorbed into Phase One and the brand no longer in commercial use for photographic products. (The non-photographic parts of Mamiya still survive in Japan: https://www.mamiya-op.co.jp/)

I've never seen any evidence that MAC Group holds or held the rights to the Toyo View trademark.
    This site ceased to operate apparently, I am little worried about the future of a Toyo, even nowadays when these mechines emergers from the grave of time once again... Fingers crossed as I need some spare parts from manufacturer and I am thankfully waiting while they are about to start machines once again...

Quote Originally Posted by bourvil View Post
    This site ceased to operate apparently, I am little worried about the future of a Toyo, even nowadays when these mechines emergers from the grave of time once again... Fingers crossed as I need some spare parts from manufacturer and I am thankfully waiting while they are about to start machines once again...
    Send me a message or email regarding the parts you need. The ROBOS has been discontinued, but some parts may still be available and I may be able to help.

Kumar