Thread: need where abouts of 7600 code

need where abouts of 7600 code

Hello. I have the service manual for my Epson 7600 printer. I need to find out where in that manual that you can (turn off the cartridge sensor.) Or can some one tell me how to do it? I tryed the part where you can change the different black ink carts with out draining the other inks. In the hidden menus. That did not work. Like changing from 1 to 0.

I made a mistake early on in order to drain the lines by doing a drain and made a change to Matte black. Now I can't change it back to photo black. I don't have a matte black cartridge to put in the ink slot. I only have my Photo black cart inserted. The machine wants a matte black cart, before it will let me change back to photo black. I guess that is the problem. Like I said I need info. on turning off the cartridge sensor. Thanks much.

Re: need where abouts of 7600 code

Check the yahoo groups on the printer. Lots of info there.
    Sergio

My website

I'm not sure that this will get you out of this particular problem, but here is how to disable cartridge chip recognition on the Epson 7600/9600:

1. Turn the printer’s power off.
    2. Hold down the left arrow, down arrow and cut/eject buttons while turning the power on.
    3. VIEW COUNTERS will be displayed. Press the down arrow until you see SERVICE CONFIG.
    4. Press the right arrow once, then press the down arrow until you see EDMODE, then press the Enter button.
    5. Press the down arrow till "0" is displayed, then press Enter to accept. Turn the power off.
    6. When you turn the power back on, the printer should accept all the cartridges and they should all show as full both on the Control Panel display and in the Status Monitor. With this setting applied, the carts should always read full.

The above is from InkjetMall's refillable cartridge setup instructions, with a few minor edits by me for punctuation and clarity.

~ Keith

Thanks Keith and others for the input. I tryed the cart disable recognition thing, but it still wanted a matte black cart init. So when put into 0, I turned the machine back on, and it said wrong cart.

But I'm o.K. now. I uninstalled the Epson software and Re-installed it. So eveything is back good again. It now shows photo black/light black in the driver software maintenance box in windows. It works by printing.

But looks like I have to buy all 7 dampers. Some of the solution won't go passed a couple of the ink tubes. After that replacement, I hope it is not the print head. Very costly. So thanks everyone for the help. Jim