Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Nameless CCHarrison

"Nameless CCHarrison

Well, the seller claimed that was a nameless lens, and I certainly was hoping that was a nameless lens so I could pick it up for a dime. But obviously there were too many people like me out there and this "nameless" little lens was sold for almost $1600. Dan should write to the seller and tell him that next time "If you see my name on a lens, please don't say it is nameless!" :-D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Tuant

Re: "Nameless CCHarrison

Typical

So you thought no one else would notice the radial drive or the finely engraved C.C.?

That was a damn small version.... How could the seller miss "CC Harrison" on the lens when his own image showed it

I was hoping it would stay under a grand so I had a shot..

Dan "CC Harrison" Colucci

Antique & Classic Camera Blog
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

His other barrel lens - also unknown - has Ross written in pencil on the fitting side of the flange! Perhaps he has learned from experience - no sign of a real Rofs/Ross engraving though.

I have the same lens... it isn't a radial drive, not in the traditional sense. It uses a unique - and rather crappy - drive that was intended to simplify the manufacturing. They didn't make them for long, maybe a few hundred models were produced. The one that sold was the same size as mine, about 9" FL and f/4.5 - perfect for 1/2 plates. BTW, these Harrisons are sometimes referred to as "fat focus" models.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryS View Post
    So you thought no one else would notice the radial drive or the finely engraved C.C.?

Barry, the Harrison lovers are all about to have faded visions now. I was just hoping....

Quote Originally Posted by Petzval Paul View Post
    ... BTW, these Harrisons are sometimes referred to as "fat focus" models.
    Interesting. I thought is was just a tiny Petzval with the normal size radial drive. Maybe it was a lens called "Baby's First Petzval".

@tuant -- Those geezers can spot a nice lens from a mile away--in the dark--in a thunderstorm.

http://www.antiquecameras.net/photog...s18601900.html

Scroll down 6 pics and there is an image of a lady photographer (or one posing as one... maybe) with a Lewis style camera that has such a fat focus lens mounted on it. I'd guess that to be about the same size lens on a 1/2 plate camera. Could be wrong, but gives an idea.

BTW, the photo produced on that link (I think it was a CDV) sold on bay for $1,000, so the lens at $1557 is not really unreasonable.

PetzvalPaul has it right...fat focus... see Milan's tutorial on this lens... Serial number range seems to be around 2600-3200

Dan

Antique & Classic Camera Blog
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html