Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screen Cezanne (Elite) questions

Screen Cezanne (Elite) questions

Hi,

I'm thinking that in theory, it should be possible to run ColorGeniusEX (v1.0) on a G5 (in OS9 emulation mode, under OS X) and control the scanner via a Ratoc SCSI to Firewire adapter. Am I mistaken?

Also, are the scanner lamps only available from Screen?

I'm unsure if the white strip is the same on the Cezanne (non-Elite), on the Elite, the instructions on how to install the strip are a bit confusing and I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. As far as i understand, I just need to "drop" it into the slot and that's it. In doing that, the strip seems 'loose" and not locked in as the manual suggests. I can easily lift the strip up. Am I missing something? Would someone kindly post a photo of how the strip is installed on their scanner please? (a step-by-step would be really useful)

Thank you!

md

Re: Screen Cezanne (Elite) questions

The person I purchased my Cezanne from spent months trying to source lamps with no luck. It appears that they are only available from Screen.
    Peter Y.

Has anyone tried Genesis for bulbs? They refurbish Screen Cezannes so they must have bulbs.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Regarding running CG 1 on a G5, the only way to know would be to try. If you look at the various txt files for CG updates, you'll see that Screen only recommends specific scsi cards.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Im assuming your refering to the calibration strip, Mine fits into the cutout, not tight, not loose, but snug enough I dont worry about it being knocked loose.

I bought an extra set (from screen) for that day when it becomes necessary, but if you only scan film, you can remove the lower lamps and run the uppers only. That way your lamp life is twice as long. For flat art, just use a Epson.

bob

Quote Originally Posted by mdala View Post
    Hi,

I'm unsure if the white strip is the same on the Cezanne (non-Elite), on the Elite, the instructions on how to install the strip are a bit confusing and I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. As far as i understand, I just need to "drop" it into the slot and that's it. In doing that, the strip seems 'loose" and not locked in as the manual suggests. I can easily lift the strip up. Am I missing something? Would someone kindly post a photo of how the strip is installed on their scanner please? (a step-by-step would be really useful)

Thank you!

md

Thank you everyone for all the good tips! Will try Genesis for lamps.

Answering my own question, regarding using a ratoc scsi->firewire adapter to drive the Cezanne; this guy in japan confirms it works: http://bit.ly/iiSN7H Now, if only Screen didn't charge crazy money for the latest version of ColorGenius EX!

md

The latest version of CG (2.0) is identical to 1.0, with the sole difference of supporting the intel based mac's.

If you don't mind using an older Mac, save the money.

It's not a demanding program for an old Mac to run.

Bob

Good to know Bob, thanks. I'll skip it then!

Out of curiosity, how much are Cezanne users here paying for a new set of lamps?

I haven't bought new lamps, but when I checked with Screen USA a few years ago they were $200 a piece. That's when I decided that my used bulbs were working just fine. The markings on mine say: flr500t5jp2. They have a silver strip on the outside and a reflector and xtra diffusion on the inside.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know