Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Is Anyone Having Problems With Light Impressions?

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: Is Anyone Having Problems With Light Impressions?

Sal... aren't they not too far away from you? Have you thought about going there in person and "getting in their face"?

http://www.manta.com/c/mmlk9yp/ncd-acquisition-inc

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Sal... aren't they not too far away from you? Have you thought about going there in person and "getting in their face"?...
    Santa Fe Springs is more than 50 miles from here and the dollar amount doesn't amount to much so, no, I haven't considered that approach. In fact, I long ago wrote off the small loss as a lesson-learned expense, similar to what happened with J&C.

Nonetheless, as a lark, I just called Light Impressions' toll free number again and raised some hell. "Maria" answered this time. I gave her the order number and history of a promised check during the third week of May. She put me on hold to speak with their "accounting" department. Several minutes later, she came back on the line and announced my refund is scheduled for August 29. I raised my voice, insisting that someone else would have to get lower priority so my check could be cut now! She's probably used to that reaction. Remaining calm, she reiterated that my refund would be issued on August 29. I told her to advise those in charge of the operation that, if they didn't send the money on August 29, I'd be contacting California's Attorney General.

Now I'm concerned that a check might actually show up in early September. I'll be afraid to deposit it for fear of being hit with a bounced check fee.

The title of this thread should be,"EVERYONE IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH LIGHT IMPRESSIONS"

They have become so unreliable that we no longer recommend the company to our students (and we have lots of them).

Lynn

Casey Sills Photography

I recently had a tough time with LI. I had placed an order and upon not receiving it, placed it again. When that didn't come through. I called to find I had two back orders months old. I was told one part of my order would be sent end of July 2012. I asked them to cancel the rest of the orders but to ship the July ready part of the order Then I went online thinking their story unbelievable. I read postings and then called them back and cancelled the order remaining. I was assured that was cancelled as well. That night they charged my credit card for the remaining order, which to date has not arrived. Additionally they sent me an email asking if the credit card listed in the email with exp date was the account to be charged, a non secure violation of my private information. I had to immediately cancel my credit card. I have patiently waited since to see if the shipment wpuld arrive. Two weeks after they promised shipment and no product. I would recommend no one do any business with them at all. I found what I needed with Conservation Resources and they were prompt and courteous.
    Beware,
    Casey Sills

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Santa Fe Springs is more than 50 miles from here and the dollar amount doesn't amount to much so, no, I haven't considered that approach. In fact, I long ago wrote off the small loss as a lesson-learned expense, similar to what happened with J&C.

Nonetheless, as a lark, I just called Light Impressions' toll free number again and raised some hell. "Maria" answered this time. I gave her the order number and history of a promised check during the third week of May. She put me on hold to speak with their "accounting" department. Several minutes later, she came back on the line and announced my refund is scheduled for August 29. . .
    Whenever someone like Maria puts me on hold to talk with her boss or someone else to see if she can do what I want I always think of that scene in "Fargo" where William H. Macy tells a customer of his car dealership that he'll have to talk with his boss to see if he can give them the price they want. Then in the next scene we see him in another room talking about football with another employee, then returning to the customer to say his boss won't let him do it.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    ...Maria... announced my refund is scheduled for August 29....Now I'm concerned that a check might actually show up in early September. I'll be afraid to deposit it for fear of being hit with a bounced check fee.
    Well, it wasn't August 29, but a check dated September 4 arrived in today's mail. It was a Citibank, N.A. "Official Check" for the full amount of my back order. There were merchant references on its face for both Light Impressions and "Vertigration Brands, Inc." of Newtown, Connecticut.

An attached form stated that "The customer listed above is remitting the following payment through Citibank's Bill Payment Service." I decided to take a chance and deposited the check this afternoon.

selmslie

I ordered an item from them in October, 2010 that turned out to be no longer made and they knew this within two months.

I did not receive a refund until September of this year after following up with them every month. I was told many times that my refund was scheduled for "next month" throughout the delay.

I am surprised that they are still in business. They will not get any more orders from me.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Joe's Crab Shack is still in business too. They have a prominently featured sign annnouncing "Free Crabs Yesterday". don't eat at Joes Crab Shack... they lie too.