Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles

Re: Old Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles

Thank you. I've recently printed this image as a 30x40 - and it looks great at that size. Also...I've toned down the foreground shadow area just a tad (looks a bit unreal and over-manipulated in my posted image I think).

At any rate...the "large" version now resides at the Stanhope and Spencer Gallery in Rockland, Maine (342 Main St. - right next to the Farnsworth Museum) - but I hope that someday someone with a bit of wall space will take it home!

30x40 inches? Always fun seeing such large prints. I like the play between car and house.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I'm actually thinking of bringing this one to 40x50 (probably closer to 38x53) as I think the detail would hold and, well, I'd just like to see it that big! (reason enough...right?)

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    I'm actually thinking of bringing this one to 40x50 (probably closer to 38x53) as I think the detail would hold and, well, I'd just like to see it that big! (reason enough...right?)
    It’s a great shot, John. These big prints you speak of — are they darkroom prints or digital?

Thanks Ben. And all darkroom - through and through. Just a few days ago I posted, in the Darkroom/Processing section, a detailed thread about my large print process, with some photographs of some of the equipment I've designed/build for this - its about fifteen places down the "Queue" in that section. Lots of work, more than a little bit nerve-wracking/nail-biting at times...but well worth the effort!

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Thanks Ben. And all darkroom - through and through. Just a few days ago I posted, in the Darkroom/Processing section, a detailed thread about my large print process, with some photographs of some of the equipment I've designed/build for this - its about fifteen places down the "Queue" in that section. Lots of work, more than a little bit nerve-wracking/nail-biting at times...but well worth the effort!
    Thanks, John. I’d love to be able to do some big prints, but my space (and budget) won’t allow it.

Blair 5x7 field view camera by rrunnertexas, on Flickr

1935 Plymouth PJ Deluxe on Ilford FP4+, Blair 5x7 view camera.

Blair Detective camera 1890 4x5 by rrunnertexas, on Flickr

1930 Ford pickup at the Waxahachie, Texas truck show. Captured with a 1890 Blair Detective 4x5 camera on Arista EDU 100.

Nice!

Like, image and camera

Quote Originally Posted by rrunnertexas View Post
    Blair Detective camera 1890 4x5 by rrunnertexas, on Flickr

1930 Ford pickup at the Waxahachie, Texas truck show. Captured with a 1890 Blair Detective 4x5 camera on Arista EDU 100.
    Tin Can